Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Have you checked that the power back door isolator switch hasn't been accidentally switched off?

It's not actually 'in' the glove box but if you open it you'll see the switch here:

liftgate_d48050c1121a63dc54912e8ed3271f884735e9e2.jpg

8 hours ago, Herbie said:

Have you checked that the power back door isolator switch hasn't been accidentally switched off?

It's not actually 'in' the glove box but if you open it you'll see the switch here:

liftgate_d48050c1121a63dc54912e8ed3271f884735e9e2.jpg

Is that for the 400h - I had a look but couldn't see anything ?

1 hour ago, Russell Wheeler said:

Is that for the 400h - I had a look but couldn't see anything ?

Yep, it was on my 2005 RX300 and as far as I know, it's in the same place for all RXs. It's sort of in the surround of the glove box rather than actually in it.

10 minutes ago, Russell Wheeler said:

Found the button, completely unlabled in my car, it wasn't that. Any Ideas, seemed to start when the battery went flat

All I can suggest then is to have a read of the topic below.

In case you don't want to read it all, someone proved that it was down to cold/damp/moisture, in his car at least. He pulled the head-lining down to get access to the motor/ECU assembly and used a hairdryer to warm it up, after which it worked alright for a short while. Unfortunately the fault came back as it got cold and damp again, which seems to imply that the only real cure is a new unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links