Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Differential Side Oil Seal Part Number

Hi Everyone.

My normally reliable RX300 has decide the week before Christmas to puke the contents of the rear diff out onto the ground. One of the side oil seals looks to have failed given the very wet oil slick now coating the side and bottom of the diff.

Does anyone have a Lexus part number for the rear diff side oil seal? I've tried to look online and all I get from the supposed Lexus parts suppliers in the UK is a list of various oils. 

I do have a part number 4133614010 but that's from a US site and by no means accurate. 

Also if anyone knows if it transfers to Toyotas so I can (at a pinch) order a pair of seals from my local Toyota dealer rather than the Lexus dealer 30 miles away that would be great.

Guess what I'm doing over Xmas then? Pity it couldn't do it in summer....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Mark,

First picture to confirm correct part, second for models it is used on, some are Toyota so should be able to obtain locally.

CC0783CC-12FA-48B9-9010-8F03C8E9E369.png

97C8B5A6-8A66-445F-AF3B-9052CD301FEF.png

Thanks, but I'm not convinced that's the part I'm after. After looking at various parts catalogues, I can see that the part number I quoted is a dust cover that is fitted to the drive shaft, but the oil seal I need is inside the differential and is protected by the dust cover. 

I'm having trouble reading Lexus' parts catalogues to get the part number of the oil seal. 

So far I've come up with part number 9031138068 for "a" seal, but so far can't confirm it's the correct part for my RX. Too many options on the various parts websites.

Edited. I've just found https://lexus-europe.epc-data.com/ and put my VIN in. The side oil seals finally come up properly.

The part number is 90311-35032 for reference.

Further edited to add: Got a pair ordered from My local motor factor. Gave them the OEM part number and they came up with an aftermarket part for £11 plus VAT each. I'm well happy. Will post the Aftermarket part number if they fit and work. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, here's an update. 

Not sure why, because the diff hasn't lost any oil, but it's started with noisy bearings. So I've had to shell out for a replacement diff. Not too bad, £110 shipped.

I've put the new side seals on the replacement diff. It's now waiting for me to get time to do the swap.

The aftermarket side seals are Corteco 82035132

Obviously wait for me to fit the things and report back a full successful transplant with oil tight seals before you go ahead and buy some. But they fit onto the diff fine. 😉 A socket of the correct (huge) size is required to tap or push the seal into place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, glad to say that the differential side seals fitted, so for anyone wanting cheap rear diff seals, the Corteco 82035132 seals work fine. Sadly fixing the rear diff has exposed noises coming from the front. Hopefully the transfer box and not the transmission. 

So the transfer box saga begins. So far all I can see are used boxes on eBay in Latvia. Is that where old RXs go to die?

Although I am a bit miffed the transmission has started to show wear at less than 200,000 miles. 😄

Still not dear enough to scrap they car yet. It was worth a grand more than I paid for it thanks to the Scotty Kilmer effect and I'll still almost get my money back as I've seen spares cars go for nearly two grand. So far it's cost me just over £300 to sort the diff and the cooling system.  

By the time I'm finished it'll be ready to do another 200K with a new-ish transmission. lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links