Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

7 minutes ago, Nhojer said:

Thanks for that but wrong side unfortunately!

My apologies. In all the years I had an LS430 I never had to replace a sidelight bulb!  Somebody will come along with the solution I'm sure.

Front right is fairly easy with just plastics including air box to remove but front left not so much as the fuse box is in the way.

I am going to take a look at mine today and see if I can provide any further help. I would have done this sooner had it not been for getting a bad cold which LED to sinusitis ( diagnosed by Dr. Google and not the NHS!)

I wondered if it would be an idea to go to Halfords and pay for the fitting service if it’s a fixed price and they fail to realise what the job may entail, you could also video it.

• Like 2

OK it is do-able without having to remove the bumper but very tight, removing the plastics, part of the fuse box and moving it out of the way allows just enough room to access the side light bulb holder. Twist and pull the holder to release then pull it out. It is fairly long.

This video shows the basics for removing the bits.

Picture showing location of bulb holder in headlight unit.

1DE8713A-98B7-46A8-ADFF-27FB440C1CC3.jpeg

• Like 1

Steve

Thank you for the video. The idea of trying Halfords is a good one, I never would have thought of it!

From what I can tell the side light is beside the Lo beam bulb. Do you know if its to the right of the lo beam bulb? The space is so tight even with the fuse box out of the way that I can't see in there!

From what I remember the bulb holder (looking from the rear of the light cluster) is above the hi beam bulb, if you look through the hi beam section (inner part) you can see the bulb just sticking into the housing above the reflector.

C5BE659F-FA39-44F6-A485-30B7B54EEC6D.jpeg

157B68EB-A6D2-43F2-916E-18987AD2B381.jpeg

Ok That makes a difference. I was looking for it beside the Lo beam bulb. The one on the drivers side appears to be above the Lo beam bulb,

looking from the font of the car with the side lights on. I will have another go tomorrow.

12 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I realised yesterday my off side side light bulb is out - thank god it’s that side - will be replacing it soon 

Same here but a lot easier with just the covers and air filter box to remove for access.

• 4 weeks later...

Got it done finally. It was a lot easier than I thought. I just moved the fuse box out of the way and was able to reach down to the bulb holder. It was stiff to get out and the space was tight but relatively easy. Twenty minutes tops.

Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links