Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New member looking for IS250 as first Lexus

2010 F-Sport is pretty much SE-L spec, minus the full leather, cooled seats and rear blind.

Everything else an SE-L has is included. Mark Levinson (if nav is equipped), memory seats, retractable steering wheel etc. Newer models with DRL-equipped headlights (MY2011) lose all these features.

In terms or ride quality, I have no frame of reference as both IS250s I've owned have both been an F-Sport, but for me the ride quality is excellent. It's not exactly a lightweight package so it soaks up bumps really well, despite sports suspension and 18" wheels.

The alcantara-clad sports seats are also very comfortable. I could drive mine all day, no problem.

Definitely try and get a test drive of one.

7 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

2010 F-Sport is pretty much SE-L spec, minus the full leather, cooled seats and rear blind.

Everything else an SE-L has is included. Mark Levinson (if nav is equipped), memory seats, retractable steering wheel etc. Newer models with DRL-equipped headlights (MY2011) lose all these features.

In terms or ride quality, I have no frame of reference as both IS250s I've owned have both been an F-Sport, but for me the ride quality is excellent. It's not exactly a lightweight package so it soaks up bumps really well, despite sports suspension and 18" wheels.

The alcantara-clad sports seats are also very comfortable. I could drive mine all day, no problem.

Definitely try and get a test drive of one.

Thanks for the info. If it's still available I'll go and take a look tomorrow. It's at a Lexus dealer surprisingly and is 'franchise approved' whatever that means. Been through some kind of QA process I guess.

I wouldn't be too concerned regarding the nav system, for two reasons:

1. If it requires an update, it'll cost upwards of £150 as apparently it is a Lexus-only job. Unless of course you can negotiate a deal that includes a free update . . . 

2. The nav system itself is hellishly complicated to the average user (myself included). Some of the brighter sparks amongst us will disagree, of course. And, in this age of high-res and 4k etc, the screen displays clunky graphics in glorious vga quality. Having said that, it is however, perfectly adequate. If you have read my earlier post, you will see that I suggested that maybe the best way forward (see what I did there) is to use a popular smartphone-based navigation app. 

Well I didn't make it to see the F Sport today. Just noticed the price has gone up today by £1100! Used car market is mad right now. Mind you I did think it was originally a bit cheap at under £9000. Ho hum!

2 hours ago, RolandK said:

Used car market is mad right now. 

Definitely seems that way. According to Auto trader valuation, my car is still worth over 80% of what I paid for it more than 5 years ago, despite me doubling the mileage on it. 🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Definitely seems that way. According to Auto trader valuation, my car is still worth over 80% of what I paid for it more than 5 years ago, despite me doubling the mileage on it. 🤔

That pretty much reflects my own experience.

About three weeks ago I got a quote from the WBAC website, just out of curiosity - as one does.  As I then ignored it, I received further estimates until the offer was only £5K less than I had paid for it five years ago.  Which strikes me as a reasonable rate of depreciation.

Perhaps in years to come it will be regarded as a modern classic and start to appreciate instead!

Clearly good ‘pre-owned’ cars are benefiting from the general rise in demand, but I also wonder if models such as mine - with a highly desirable V6 engine (imo) - which were not sold in very great numbers in the first place, also attract buyers who don’t want the added complexity of hybrid or Battery versions.

Perhaps it offers the added attraction of being one of a fast disappearing breed?

It's definately a sellers market at the moment. Aug this year I sold a car I had bought in Mar through WBAC. After the usual haggling due to a couple of minute stone chips on the bonnet I was still £500 up on the deal. The problem will be when the chip issue is resolved and new cars start to flow in. Next year I think the used market will return to previous levels and then used cars bought now will inevitably depreciate significantly. Swings and roundabouts!

I’ve had my 2010 F sport since December of last year and I love it to bits. 

I have done a direct comparison between an SE-L with 18 wheels compared to my F sport with 18 wheels and the ride definitely firmer for sure. Whereas the SE-L wafts you over the bumps the F sport you definitely feel them. This could be down to how awful potholes are and road quality but it’s still a very comfortable ride. This can be further improved with better tyres and I’ve opted for Continental eco contacts to help improve this as well as the fuel economy

its worth noting that F sports have almost as good spec as an SE-L you do however miss out on heated windscreen, illuminated door sills, cooled seats and rear blinds. Certain 2010 /11 models come with further facelifts such as DRL headlights, new f sport styling and nicer alloys however the memory seats are deleted. For me the memory seats were a must so I’ve opted for a 2010 and I’m very pleased with it. 

58 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

You could go to that lexus dealer with the assumption that the cars price is 9k. Whilst there you could haggle. 

Yes I did consider that. A 15% overnight price increase is a bit of a liberty even in the present climate. I think they could have put the wrong price on it to start with then realised.

Anyway self-isolating at the moment so everything's on hold.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links