Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can Anyone Tell Me

Stu

with my new found desire to have a spanking clean and tidy engine bay, i have been looking at ways to make it shine, and was wandering if the silver coloured box in the left top corner of the engine bay can be removed easly for cleaning up, also what it does, and how easy it is to put back!

bearing in mind that i am a complete mechanical numpty, and don't want to f##k anything up! :P

Stu :driving:

silver box in left top corner above the corner of the strut brace

- as dave says it is the ABS unit and motor DONT TOUCH IT unless you want to go and get it all bled again etc etc, get the jet wash out and use that to clean behind it - but not too close to the paint.

Ok, i won't go near it with a spanner, screwdriver, hammer, cro-bar or any other car butchering item in my hands!! :P

I was thinking of polishing it with something like autosol and when i get it to a high shine, putting some kind of protective substance on it, it'll be more awkward with it attached to the car, but never mind!

What you rekon?

Stu

perhaps, but it's grotty and horrible, bearing in mind that the car is nearly five now, so it's had a bit of use, and looks a bit tatty.

I'll have a go at it with some cotton buds and see how it looks after that, then re-assess the situation!

Whilst i have your attention, do you know if there are any companies that make aluminium or polished metal resovoirs for the fluid holders in the bay, i'm guessing they are brake and power steering fluid bits?

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links