Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Not sure if there's a setting or not, but in all my previous cars, when you hold the window button for a few seconds it automatically will do the full motion rather than only engage the motor when the button is in use.

Is there any way of getting this to work on the NX?

They are all normally one touch “All Auto” so press and release should raise/lower the windows fully.

There are personalisation settings but nothing mention about the windows, anything in your handbook?

https://www.lexus.com/documents/brochures/service/my19/19NX-300_CST_NAV.pdf

Try as Luigi suggests all the way down and hold the button for 5 seconds after then back up fully and hold again 5 seconds all from driver’s switch panel.

• Like 1

On the NX, you just press the window operating button past the detent and the window goes all the way down. The same applies to the upwards direction.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Martynt74 said:

Not sure if there's a setting or not, but in all my previous cars, when you hold the window button for a few seconds it automatically will do the full motion rather than only engage the motor when the button is in use.

Is there any way of getting this to work on the NX?

Yes. 

Hint: It's in your manual...

page 172 of "YOUR NX - OWNER MANUAL" under "One Touch Opening"
https://www.lexus.co.uk/forms/manuals/owners-manual

NXScreenprint.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Neo_gsf said:

Yes. 

Hint: It's in your manual...

page 172 of "YOUR NX - OWNER MANUAL" under "One Touch Opening"
https://www.lexus.co.uk/forms/manuals/owners-manual

NXScreenprint.jpg

Thanks, i actually feel a little ashamed that my first reaction was to ask on here rather than actually read the manual 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Martynt74 said:

Thanks, i actually feel a little ashamed that my first reaction was to ask on here rather than actually read the manual 😞

Be happy, don't worry. We all think manuals are too difficult to find useful hints in. No system in them, all is spread around and organized by coincidence.

28 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

We all think manuals are too difficult to find useful hints in. No system in them, all is spread around and organized by coincidence.

No, I'm not having that. When I got my first Lexus hybrid I just read the manual cover to cover because I'd never had a hybrid before and wanted to learn as much as I could about it.

It's not difficult at all to read a manual and it really does contain most of what we need to know.

However, I'm very much of the belief that males are genetically pre-programmed not to read manuals but to learn by poking buttons, flicking switches, and seeing what happens :laughing:

46 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Be happy, don't worry. We all think manuals are too difficult to find useful hints in. No system in them, all is spread around and organized by coincidence.

Not like you John, to speak utter rubbish!

20 minutes ago, Herbie said:

No, I'm not having that. When I got my first Lexus hybrid I just read the manual cover to cover because I'd never had a hybrid before and wanted to learn as much as I could about it.

It's not difficult at all to read a manual and it really does contain most of what we need to know.

However, I'm very much of the belief that males are genetically pre-programmed not to read manuals but to learn by poking buttons, flicking switches, and seeing what happens :laughing:

We are  a dying breed it seems Herbie. The Manual is provided to inform and assist and should be referred to in the first instance.

It is not in my nature to help those who will not help themselves. I am however more than prepared to assist those who are unable to help themselves.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Herbie said:

Always been a treat for me reading a manual whenever I have a new car. It’s how I find out about new features. Then a again I do like reading, always have done.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Not like you John, to speak utter rubbish!

Actually I just wanted to tell Martyn not to worry for not reading the manual as first thing. I also try things first and rather often am lucky.

With regard to the manual I do not think I am that much wrong. While Lexus has a reputation for making excellent hardware, their software has never been of same quality. Maybe they are now catching up, but there could be a reason why I read somewhere in the forum that the entertainment software in the new Corolla is superior to the same in the new Lexus.

Also I get the impression that Toyota is about to be putting all their eggs in one basket named Toyota and Lexus is fading. It may be a smart move as the company is large enough to keep the brand in top above competition. Lexus seems to be design more than anything else, while still hopefully staying reliable and having superb finish. More or less like B&O which is fabulous design for far too much money compared with competing quality brands.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

I agree about the rather curious layout and cross referencing. Something I fed back to Lexus..

That said I did download the handbook and had read it front to back before my first RC landed on these shores 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links