Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Member - Introduction

Rich_UK_LexusCT

Hello all.

Purchased this vehicle (white with black roof) few days ago and been enjoying & getting use to it's features and ride. I've always driven manual cars but have adjusted quickly to using automatic and the CT has made the transition smooth. Looking forward to years of enjoyment and service from it.

Unfortunately I got the back left rim scuffed on a curb and was gutted when I saw the aftermath (see attachment).

Called around London for quotes, and these ranged from £75 - £170 (excluding VAT). Considering my next move, and have ordered a set of rim protectors from amazon to arrive tomorrow. Once I've had the rim fixed will add these protectors.

Take care

106781851_DamagedtoWheelBackLeftPassangerSide).jpg

Feel for you Richard and I know how annoying this must be. I have to say when I saw the damage I could see that our local and highly regarded wheel repairer would instantly quote £100 all in and make a faultless repair. I would also add  the pain is likely to lessen as the days go by so if you can take your time getting it sorted.

BTW, our wheel people are in Crawley so probably too far for you to contemplate but just in case, here are their details: Wheel Works

I've used them on numerous occasions and the quality of their work is brilliant!

4 hours ago, Rich_UK_LexusCT said:

… have ordered a set of rim protectors from Amazon to arrive tomorrow. Once I've had the rim fixed will add these protectors.

Would these be Alloygators?

I kerbed two wheels in the first week.  Mind you, they were hidden by snow at the time - and my local ChipsAway guy did a splendid repair on them.

But even that cost more than a set of Alloygators.  Now the rim protectors mean that if I kiss a kerb, a slight scuff - which is removable - just reminds me how much they’ve just saved me!

A sound investment, I think.

First: Welcome.

It is always too bad to lose money on own mistakes, but such scratches are possible to repair so they cannot be seen.

We have tyres with rim protection and so far that has been enough.

Another thing is the doors are pretty much low and curbs are many places high, so that is another thing to take care of. Know from experience.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links