Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Longest Day

I know I am a few days late but for some unfathomable reason this pic would not load but today it has 🤔 Anyway, I took this two years ago on the Longest day. Its a field outside my house and for a few brief days we had this glorious sight to behold. And for other people, like me, who have reason to remember the Longest Day for other reasons I hope that it brings you a smile and inner warmth. 🤗

413584789_IMG_20190619_125210095_HDR2.thumb.jpg.6544ded1a05ab317d3c5842bc34b5255.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

"We live in a beautiful country Wilson. We shan't let them have it you know!"

🤣🤣🤣. For the most peculiar reason David chaps in my local equate my affectations to Sgt. Wilson, haven't the faintest idea why? 😎

• Haha 1

It's a quote from "Dad's Army"

Sgt. Arthur Wilson : It's a beautiful sunset, sir.

Cpt. George Mainwaring : It's a beautiful land, Wilson. They're not going to get it, you know. We shall fight them until we have just one round each, and we'll use that on ourselves!

[pause] 

Cpt. George Mainwaring : By the way, how much ammunition have we got?

Sgt. Arthur Wilson : [trying not to laugh]  One round each, sir!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066963/characters/nm0494452

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

It's a quote from "Dad's Army"

Sgt. Arthur Wilson : It's a beautiful sunset, sir.

Cpt. George Mainwaring : It's a beautiful land, Wilson. They're not going to get it, you know. We shall fight them until we have just one round each, and we'll use that on ourselves!

[pause] 

Cpt. George Mainwaring : By the way, how much ammunition have we got?

Sgt. Arthur Wilson : [trying not to laugh]  One round each, sir!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066963/characters/nm0494452

🤣. Frank Sinatra said he felt sorry for people who didn't drink because when they got up in the morning it would be the best they were going to feel all day. I feel just the same way about the clip you just promoted, that is, feeling sorry for anyone who can't appreciate the glorious, elegant, succinct humour. 🤗 Don't tell them your name Pike. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

🤣. Frank Sinatra said he felt sorry for people who didn't drink because when they got up in the morning it would be the best they were going to feel all day. I feel just the same way about the clip you just promoted, that is, feeling sorry for anyone who can't appreciate the glorious, elegant, succinct humour. 🤗 Don't tell them your name Pike. 

That is one of the funniest lines. Phillip Madoc was brilliant as the German submarine officer.

Yes wonderful gentle humour.

• Like 2

Never been a huge Dad's Army fan but having a digital radio in the Subaru has allowed me to start listening to Radio 4 Extra again. It was Dad's Army on the way to work the other day and I laughed like a drain.

"They don't like it up 'em!"

And Friday night I was on the Scouts run with two 13 year olds in the car. I made a Dads Army reference and one of them spotted it straight away. There is hope.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Never been a huge Dad's Army fan but having a digital radio in the Subaru has allowed me to start listening to Radio 4 Extra again. It was Dad's Army on the way to work the other day and I laughed like a drain.

And Friday night I was on the Scouts run with two 13 year olds in the car. I made a Dads Army reference and one of them spotted it straight away. There is hope.

Fabulous Richard 👍

11 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Not sure if you can remember the days of The Tape Exchange but this was a great idea which unfortunately succumbed  to the CD and the rest is digital as they say. But I recall getting a tape from some M6 services one time on a trip North. It was an old News Quiz with Barry Took, well, to cut a long story short, I had to pull over at one stage as I was not in control of the car such was quality of the scripting. Humphrey Lyttleton and I 'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue often had a similar effect. 🤗

• Like 2

Just now, Spacewagon52 said:

A modern series which I found wonderful was the Detectorists with Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones. Brilliant character acting with humour but also pathos.

The theme music by Johnney Flynn is wonderful.

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

A modern series which I found wonderful was the Detectorists with Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones. Brilliant character acting with humour but also pathos.

Think we sort of strayed a little David, but let's get back on track with this;

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2021 at 1:04 PM, Phil xxkr said:

I know I am a few days late but for some unfathomable reason this pic would not load but today it has 🤔 Anyway, I took this two years ago on the Longest day. Its a field outside my house and for a few brief days we had this glorious sight to behold. And for other people, like me, who have reason to remember the Longest Day for other reasons I hope that it brings you a smile and inner warmth. 🤗

413584789_IMG_20190619_125210095_HDR2.thumb.jpg.6544ded1a05ab317d3c5842bc34b5255.jpg

Beautiful Phil stunning. Ive just come back from Cornwall and was there on longest day rubbish sunset by the way. But nearby was fields covered in poppies people came from everywhere to take pics apparently they are quite well known crantock/polly joke area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links