Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Jaguar Land Rover to develop Hydrogen Fuel Cell technology

Mincey

28 minutes ago, Mincey said:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1449924/jaguar-land-rover-hydrogen-fuel-cell-car-sales-uk

It will obviously break down and/or fall to pieces within the first 100 miles, but interesting to see them put their hat into the hydrogen ring.

Somewhat harsh comment my friend. I agree that the brand does, from time to time, exhibit non documented features that result in a less than optimal driving experience. But coincidentally, Jaguars have a word association best summed up by the Japanese, Umami, an indescribable deliciousness. So no matter if your favoured brand (at the moment) is, more reliable, cheaper, faster, more fuel efficient, has more toys etc etc.  It will never have the same Umami no matter how hard you try. And heritage plays such a crucial role in this belief, bit like comparing the Square Mile to Canary wharf 😎

• Haha 1

It's great news tbh, more people investing and adopting helps bring production cost down and streamlines process. 

Personally I see it as more viable than electric once infrastructure is in place. 

• Like 4

This is a good thing that something is done to make electricity instead of storing electricity that needs large batteries which are damaging to the world to produce, which are self-discharging, in where a lot of energy is wasted.

Jaguar made great things before and there is no reason to think it should be impossible to do so again.

Batteries are heavy and in our very nice hybrids the batteries are too small to actually do any good. The extra weight cost extra fuel and the promised mileage from the factories making the cars is unrealistic and nothing but empty air. We are happy with our car but it is less fuel effective than the old VW 2.0tdi. I am sure that combustion engines will be made that pollute so little that batteries like in our hybrids are just waste of weight to carry around. And if/when fuel cell engines and fuel cell stations become the new norm that will be a lot better than carrying heavy batteries.

Until then, we are happy with what we have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arnett said:

It's great news tbh, more people investing and adopting helps bring production cost down and streamlines process. 

Personally I see it as more viable than electric once infrastructure is in place. 

and doubtless a prelude to Tata, the owners, developing more fully hydrogen fuel cell for rapid refuelling in ordinary petrol stations for it's major, major market place in India ....... one fifth of the world population, both stable politically and a quick growing economy 

Malc

24 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I'd have a hydrogen powered car over an electric one any day. 

Me too. I suffer from Range Anxiety.

• Like 1

Nuclear that’s the way to go....a cheap and cheerful Chinese made mini reactor taking up little boot space and reconditioned fuel rods available from loads of eBay sellers on an exchange basis, you just couldn’t go wrong 😀 

5C270194-BE87-4CBC-B9B9-161EDFEA1A93.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Nuclear that’s the way to go....a cheap and cheerful Chinese made mini reactor taking up little boot space and reconditioned fuel rods available from loads of ebay sellers on an exchange basis, you just couldn’t go wrong 😀 

5C270194-BE87-4CBC-B9B9-161EDFEA1A93.jpeg

We do not need nuclear to get us to the tipping point:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/climate-change-tipping-points-amazon-rainforest-antarctic-ice-gulf-stream/

On 6/15/2021 at 9:36 AM, Phil xxkr said:

Somewhat harsh comment my friend. I agree that the brand does, from time to time, exhibit non documented features that result in a less than optimal driving experience. But coincidentally, Jaguars have a word association best summed up by the Japanese, Umami, an indescribable deliciousness. So no matter if your favoured brand (at the moment) is, more reliable, cheaper, faster, more fuel efficient, has more toys etc etc.  It will never have the same Umami no matter how hard you try. And heritage plays such a crucial role in this belief, bit like comparing the Square Mile to Canary wharf 😎

I can only think of this now…

On 6/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, steve2006 said:

I suffer from nightmares! 

13D2C3F7-ED5A-4186-AC7F-9C0FE4B15726.jpeg

Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_(1969)_front

I thought it was one of their best...! 😉

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, steve2006 said:

I suffer from nightmares! 

13D2C3F7-ED5A-4186-AC7F-9C0FE4B15726.jpeg

Hydrogen can burn.

Gasoline can burn.

If gasoline was the new thing just now it probably would be called too dangerous to be allowed driving on roads.

When gasoline is spilled it stay on the ground being very dangerous. When hydrogen is spilled it disappears and is little to not at all dangerous.

Want to go back to horses on the road?

Many maybe most combustion engines can be modified to be able to drive on hydrogen.

If we care about leaving the planet in as good a condition to our children as we received it, we should start thinking and telling our stupid leaders to do something instead of talking about economy. What good is a million in the bank for our children if they have no good drinking water and no air to breathe?

• Like 1

Electricity can kill too.

"What good is a million in the bank for our children if they have no good drinking water and no air to breathe?"

And if they have no food, nor clothing to wear, nor homes to live in, nor security within which to exist ?

Seems like our so called leaders are putting the cart before the horse again?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

the cart before the horse again

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Want to go back to horses on the road?

well maybe, the output is true HP and the pollution matter can be used to propagate one's roses for sure:thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Malc said:

well maybe, the output is true HP and the pollution matter can be used to propagate one's roses for sure:thumbsup:

Malc

Lots of horses on the road around me, could it be, no annual tax, no warranty/Service plans, fuel is vat and tax free, detailing and stuff not required, and the only envy they inspire is todger envy 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/toyotas-hydrogen-commitment-races-ahead/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/toyota/toyota-gr-yaris-review-sensational-special-project-takes-hot/

Naoyuki Sakamoto, the chief engineer of GR’s project division say that the power of the hydrogen combustion engines would make them good in heavy applications such as truck engines, and I think that he could easily have added ships engines as they pollute not just a little.

Thing sometimes go faster these days and the engine still need a lot of refining but the more they work on things the faster they go.

One thing is for sure: the problem getting enough raw materials to make all the needed batteries in order to make cars run on electricity is guaranteed to keep hydrogen combustion engines continuing to be refined. There simply is not enough raw material available and sooner or later batteries will be too expensive and as “money rules” something else will be needed. That could easily be hydrogen combustion engines.

That mining the raw material for these batteries is having enormous human costs and environmental damage (making new pandemics more probable) is something that comes second to the rulers as “money rules” is first and mostly only thing that counts.

billede.thumb.png.deec4a7a675475f765bc98bcc4421334.png  billede.thumb.png.1abd16c8e8c71c9ddae422d299ad4a37.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links