Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Are my headlamps faulty?

I think my headlights are faulty but just need confirmation....

As you can see from my photos when the headlights are switched on just the outer HIDs are lit.  When you switch on full beam the light up too very brightly (as you would expect).

If I remember rightly the inner lights should light up when you switch your headlights on - just not as bright as the full beam.  I replaced both bulbs this morning and rechecked but only the passenger side one cam on.  Suspecting I had bought a bad bulb I took them both out and swapped them between sides but now neither on them light up (unless on full beam).  Any ideas as to what may be up.  Just wondering about a relay/fuses etc but cant quite work out where they are from the owners manual etc.  Any help much appreciated.

BTW Pretty sure it's not relevant but just thought I'd mention  that last week I replaced the rear level sensor (AFS light was flashing) but I think the problem existed prior to this.

IMG_2742.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

Thanks John - your diagnosis was spot and after a quick trip out to the 24hr BP petrol station I managed to get a pair of 5w wedge bulbs for teh princely sum of £2.50.

Just fitted them and all is good now thank you -just got to put my engine covers back in the morning as its getting a bit late and the neighbours think I'm mad enough already LOL

Thanks for your help 🙂

IMG_2748 (2).jpeg

IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2751.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links