Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Lexus GS model year from 2005 - 2012 have different model variants such as executive edition, le, luxury, premier, se, se-l
What's the highest spec model and what's the difference between all of them?  Please can someone explain to me the differences.

SE-L is highest spec from mk3 (2005-2011) - others are SE, SE-i, Sport if I remember correct. Executive, Premier and Luxury is already mk4 (2012+).

In short - SE-L always the best, SE-i could be spec'ed quite high, SE and Sport are low-end (but sport has some lips on bumpers) and model without any designation is worst. Not sure what LE stands for exactly, but certainly not high-end model.

To be honest that is as much detail as I could get into - there are endless list of differences between trims and every year they were updated and changed, standard spec. and options changed etc.  So comparison has to be done for every model and every year individually. 

1 hour ago, b4u2 said:

The Lexus GS model year from 2005 - 2012 have different model variants such as executive edition, le, luxury, premier, se, se-l
What's the highest spec model and what's the difference between all of them?  Please can someone explain to me the differences.

In this section on page 1 there is another thread "GS450H Trim Levels" which explains very well the differences. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

SE-L is highest spec from mk3 (2005-2011) - others are SE, SE-i, Sport if I remember correct. Executive, Premier and Luxury is already mk4 (2012+).

In short - SE-L always the best, SE-i could be spec'ed quite high, SE and Sport are low-end (but sport has some lips on bumpers) and model without any designation is worst. Not sure what LE stands for exactly, but certainly not high-end model.

To be honest that is as much detail as I could get into - there are endless list of differences between trims and every year they were updated and changed, standard spec. and options changed etc.  So comparison has to be done for every model and every year individually. 

Sport spec for a lot at least is very similar to SE-L, misses a few bits (wood trim, smart key) but gains the active suspension.
Both have the vented seats, improved sound system e.t.c.

Depends on the year I guess

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Sequential numbering of each Post would have helped us all Sergio.

I am not sure if I understand what you mean John but that thread is the 19th on page 1 of the section dedicated to GS450H.

26 minutes ago, serbarry said:

I am not sure if I understand what you mean John but that thread is the 19th on page 1 of the section dedicated to GS450H.

I read that in a way that John is joking as thread is already on the first page. But maybe not 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, serbarry said:

I`m sorry if I confused you Sergio. I know exactly where it is but as others on this forum know I have requested over a number of years Mods/Admin to introduce a sequential numbering facility which exists in many forums, (but not this or Toyota). If it had been introduced it would enable Members to identify easily with Postings to which reference was being made. I was merely making the point yet again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I`m sorry if I confused you Sergio. I know exactly where it is but as others on this forum know I have requested over a number of years Mods/Admin to introduce a sequential numbering facility which exists in many forums, (but not this or Toyota). If it had been introduced it would enable Members to identify easily with Postings to which reference was being made. I was merely making the point yet again.

That would be great as I sometimes struggle to find even my own posts, never mind some useful post somebody made years ago. Having them numbered one could simply have a list which they always refer to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

That would be great as I sometimes struggle to find even my own posts, never mind some useful post somebody made years ago. Having them numbered one could simply have a list which they always refer to.

Yes, it is not Rocket Science.

It appears to be easier to pass a Camel through the eye of a needle than to introduce sequential numbering on the Forum.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links