Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

GS F owners UK

• 5 months later...

Imported GSF just dropped onto AT.

Blue, 2016, 38k miles, 1 owner, £34,995

I am very tempted. What should one look out for on a jap import? Will the infotainment be japanese? Perhaps a simple Techstream update ??

8 minutes ago, BillNick said:

What should one look out for on a jap import? Will the infotainment be japanese? Perhaps a simple Techstream update ??

mph on speedo, infotainment system, rear fog lights, modifications.

I think you can switch the speedo in the satellite settings, you can in RCF anyway.

Infotainment I reckon someone knows what they're doing on Techstream could sort that out - maybe not. Maybe you need a fresh software installation on the headunit?

Do they not have rear fogs in Japan? Cant see it being road legal here without a rear fog?

18 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Do they not have rear fogs in Japan? Cant see it being road legal here without a rear fog?

Which is why you used to see a lot of imports with a bolt on fog light hanging down off the bumper. The UK has requirements for a rear fog light and there needs to be a separation between brake and fog light - so you couldn't just convert dual brake lights.

Never looked at a JDM GS F - it may be that they use a common rear light cluster on the GS F across the world so everything is good.

18 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Infotainment I reckon someone knows what they're doing on Techstream could sort that out - maybe not.

Not the sort of thing you can just do in Techstream - if the headunit is the same it will likely need a firmware update.

• Thanks 1

column stalks are the "wrong way round"

must admit I had started looking at importing a JDM GSF with the current prices of GSF's here.  There was a white one a couple of months ago, 90k miles equivalent, cosmetically needed some work, sold for £12k. then there be shipping and taxes etc......

Jealous of the rear seat controls and heated steering wheel! 
I don’t think I’ve seen an imported GSF before. Could this be the first one ? 

Looks like it’s missing the carbon interior trim also, which is probably a good thing ! 

It looks like it doesn’t have the rear fog light in the rear cluster. Maybe you could just swap the inner section of the rear light for a UK one 

Possibly, but suspect loom wont have feed for fog light, neither will the stork inside the car have a switch.

Anyway, whilst good chat, all reasons not to bother seen as I already have an RCF...

According to ad, it has mot - presumably fog light is sorted/not an issue then? 

I would check out insurance costs - being an import will bump it up (possibly considerably).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links