Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Prospective Lexus Owner!

Davehedgehog31

Hey folks, 

I've just signed up for the forums. I've owned quite a number of cars over the years (and at the minute!), but never a Lexus. I'm keen to change this with a GS or perhaps an RX. 

My current fleet consists of....

Daily driver 1 - Saab 9-5 Aero. 

191566087_IMG_20200926_184351(1).thumb.jpg.50dc9cc8bd2ca3b94d39eef27850d9cf.jpg

Daily driver 2 - Peugeot 107. 

IMG_20201104_101637.thumb.jpg.c94aae2f6b5549ef86b4066571f399cc.jpg

Toy 1 - Jeep Cherokee 4.0.

IMG_20200723_213310393_HDR.thumb.jpg.c1a7f0b80b3261699f98e6694ae3d970.jpg

Toy 2 - Peugeot 405 1.9 GTXD.

IMG_20180630_105418.thumb.jpg.9d31c127d0eea1921b09ebfb059830cf.jpg

My plan is to move the Jeep and Saab on and replace with one of the aforementioned Lexus. Keeping the 107 for economical easy transport. Would also keep the 405, but it requires a bit of work over the winter. 

Cheers,

Gavin

Hi Gavin. Some Fleet you have. With regards to looking at either a GS or RX. They're like chalk and cheese. Both great cars. Which engine though would you be looking at? What age of car too and how much you're willing to spend?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again all, 

Thanks for the warm welcome! Just saw the responses. 

So since that post it has been all change. The faithful Saab and Jeep have both departed the fleet. 

Yesterday I bought this 05 Plate RX300 SE-L from @V8ORBUST of this parish. A top man, as good a buying experience as I've had with a car! 

IMG_20201203_102703.thumb.jpg.038d770ea6165aba15b51b1bb843cb3b.jpg

Fittingly it's first day in Scotland started with snowfall.

I couldn't be happier with the car, it's a lovely drive. Comfy, plush and plenty practical. 

It's more appropriate for me than the Jeep, I don't tow, off road or anything like that so I wasn't really utilising it properly. Being so capable at these two things meant it was really compromised on road, it did sound awesome!

The Saab was a really good car, if a bit tired. It has gone to a mate of mine though, it covered 450 miles yesterday without fault so he's very happy too, everyone is a winner! 

So my fleet now contains two what are essentially Toyota products in the Lexus and 107. They couldn't be much different from each other though! 

This forum looks like a really welcoming and knowledgable place so I'll be sure to documents my (hopefully uneventful) ownership. First test is tomorrow when my 9 month old son will pass judgement, hope it will meet with his seal of approval. 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links