Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Service question

Remember as well that there is a recognised grace period for servicing of 1k miles or 1 month whichever comes first. So my service was due on 31st October but I got it done on 20th November. Next year I’ll get it done around 16th December. Not much but six services gain you 6 months or 6000 miles.

I have a IS300h. I got the same email. I booked the service online, but when I spoke to Leicester Lexus they were not able to provide a discount unless I took out a service plan. This email is sadly misleading. They didn't seem interested in giving a discount on the basis of gold membership either.

6 hours ago, Mins said:

I have a IS300h. I got the same email. I booked the service online, but when I spoke to Leicester Lexus they were not able to provide a discount unless I took out a service plan. This email is sadly misleading. They didn't seem interested in giving a discount on the basis of gold membership either.

I've just had a similar conversation - I had intended to take out a service plan on the day anyway, so I've got the discount and will be paying £25 a month for the duration which is in my book, a very fine thing indeed.

EDIT: Note to self - read documents properly. I'd overlooked the deposit which just over £300 but that's a softer blow to take than the full service cost. I'm still a happy bunny.

How does a service plan work? Is it with Lexus the manufacturer or is it taken out with the individual dealership? Also, is there any protection built in should the dealership go bust. If it is with the dealership. Does it represent a discount on the standard service pricing? Does it include things like replacement pollen filters, spark plugs when due, etc? I might consider this.

9 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

How does a service plan work? Is it with Lexus the manufacturer or is it taken out with the individual dealership? Also, is there any protection built in should the dealership go bust. If it is with the dealership. Does it represent a discount on the standard service pricing? Does it include things like replacement pollen filters, spark plugs when due, etc? I might consider this.

I took a 3 year service plan out when I bought my RX. You can use any Lexus dealership to perform the servicing (I bought from Lexus Milton Keynes, but my nearest dealer is Stockport where I had my 1st service in September). I'm not sure regarding protection against the dealership going bust, but luckily I have several other Lexus dealers within a 30 miles radius of where I live. I think there is a small discount compared to the standard service pricing, but this also takes inflation into account. My service plan does include oil filters, pollen filters, brake fluid change, but not sure on spark plugs though.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2020 at 3:30 PM, paulrnx said:

Remember as well that there is a recognised grace period for servicing of 1k miles or 1 month whichever comes first. So my service was due on 31st October but I got it done on 20th November. Next year I’ll get it done around 16th December. Not much but six services gain you 6 months or 6000 miles.

Well, thanks to those two scientists/government advisers, it looks like tomorrow could be off, and I was really looking forward to a thrash to Leicester. Peterborough's in Tier 4 now and I'm guessing that they'll not be too chuffed if I turn up tomorrow at 8.30 as arranged with a car full of Covid bugs. I doubt anyone from the Service team will be there today but hopefully anyone on site will be able to confirm whether I'll be welcome tomorrow or not. I was so looking forward to driving that loaner LC too...

EDIT: the Government website says "Thou shalt not leave a Tier 4 area, even if your stallion of the highway requireth a fettle".

• 3 weeks later...

All done! No woes to report at all.

Given that the Covid rules had changed yet again, the team at Lexus Leicester did a great job. The handover was done in the open air as the Parts Centre could not be used anymore following BoJo's announcement last night. I've not watched the videos I've been sent yet. As mentioned in another thread, I had a UX courtesy car which I rather enjoyed. A really nice touch was when I went to put something in the cup holder and found a bag containing a battery for my spare key. I don't think I've been given a spare Battery at a service before. Car was spotlessly clean but after being behind some lorries on a filthy A47 on the way home, you'd be hard pushed to tell now. Tick VG all round. I'm just upset that I wasn't able to enjoy a few cups of LL's legendarily fantastic coffee. Hopefully in 12 months' time, things will be different.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links