Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Does a full size spare fit in the wheel well?

I suppose it is model dependent.  I know I could replace the space saver on my RX450h with a full size wheel in my car but it requires a replacement cover panel which has a step of an inch or so and therefore the luggage space is reduced.  I suppose it would be possible to raise the existing cover with blocks as a less attractive option to the one Lexus sell for my model. 

If you have no spare at present, maybe you could check whether a space saver which has a less wider tyre would do the job. I believe that if you need to use the space saver, you must not exceed 50mph.  

10 hours ago, Werewolf1976 said:

Hi all

I know it's a bit much but I am considering keeping a full-size spare in the car.

Wondering if this fits in the wheel well if I remove the styrofoam pieces

If it does fit, then do not forget to buy a jack and possibly a wheelbrace.

• Like 1

measure the diameter of a tyre and see if this size will fit in the wheel well then

place a straight edge across the top of the wheel well and take a measurment

from the bottom of the wheel well to the underside of the straight edge

and see if this distance is greater or equal to the width of your tyres

if your tyres are too wide you could always panel the boot floor therefore

raising it to give you the depth for your spare to fit under the boot carpet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links