Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Review: RX300 rubber floor and boot mats from Mat Kings (ebay)

As the weather is starting to get rainy I wanted to get a proper set of rubber floor mats for my car. Lexus Parts Direct has a boot mat but apparently not a set of seat floor mats for my car, so I was looking on eBay and found these:

Lexus RX300 (2003-2009) 5MM Heavy Duty Rubber Tailored Car matshttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132536689795

Lexus RX300 (2003-2009) 5mm Heavy Duty Tailored Black Rubber Bootmat - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132507777101

offered by Mat Kings.

All of the mats are well made and very sturdy, thick strong rubber that isn't going to get damaged any time soon. The seat floor mats fit great, unfortunately the boot mat doesn't as you can see from the photos. Big gaps at either side. So I'll probably be returning that. Not sure if I'll get the official one or try another eBay one.. the official one is a bit pricey at £85!

IMG_0119.png

IMG_0120.png

IMG_0123.png

IMG_0124.png

IMG_0125.png

IMG_0127.png

• Like 2

After looking on eBay, I think I will keep the boot liner after all even though it doesn't fit exactly. The official Lexus one is £92, this one was £25. The extra inch or two isn't worth £67!

• Like 2

The eBay seller refunded me (without having to send the mat back). I've now ordered a new one from bootliners-uk.com. I called them first to check that there wouldn't be an issue if it didn't fit, they said they are made from a template for all Lexus vehicles so shouldn't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh, I'm now 0 for 2 on boot mats. The one from bootliners-uk didn't fit either, it was actually worse than the eBay one - couldn't close the boot with it in!

Not sure what to do now, either carry on using the eBay one with the gaps, or buy the official one for a princely £92 from lexuspartsdirect.

• Sad 1

I've used carmats-uk.com more than once for carpets and they've been very good. They might be able to help with the boot liner. (Don't mix them up with any similar sounding businesses!)

• Like 2

Our car already had a Lexus bootliner in when we bought it and it's excellent.

One very good thing about it is that it has a lip of about 1-inch high all around the edges, so if any liquid is spilt it's kept on the liner and doesn't mess the carpet up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

I've used carmats-uk.com more than once for carpets and they've been very good. They might be able to help with the boot liner. (Don't mix them up with any similar sounding businesses!)

They are who the second non-matching mat came from unfortunately!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links