Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What does the intrusion sensor do?

I was playing around with the customisation stuff on Techstream and noticed under Security that I had "Intrusion sensor" set to disabled.

What is this? I wondered if it was perhaps a movement sensor for when the car is locked, but after enabling it I sat in the car, locked the doors with the fob, waited until the security light started blinking and then waved my hands around but nothing happened.

Is that what it's meant to be or is it something else? Maybe it is a movement sensor but my car doesn't have one.. anyway, hopefully someone knows the answer!

Mark

Isn't the intrusion detection the ultrasonic sensors fitted to the roof by the dome lights? I think on cars without it Lexus fit a sunglass cubby.

Those sensors are annoying because they trip the alarm if the windows are open. You have to press the button on the unit to disable the sensors on hot days if you want to crack the windows open a little with the car parked.

3 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Could it be that the car sensed the key nearby therefore did not activate that part of the security?

I'd assume that as the module isn't in the headliner, it will be switched off as default. You can switch it on, but nothing will probably happen because it isn't there. All the ultrasonics do is prevent someone getting into the cabin. And trigger the alarm when windows or sunroof are left open without disabling the unit. I don't think there's a great amount of integration, the unit just provides a trigger if activated.

Actually, if you can switch it off in Techstream I might just make it my summer configuration change. 😄

2 hours ago, Delphius1 said:

Actually, if you can switch it off in Techstream I might just make it my summer configuration change. 😄

Just don't expect your insurance to pay out on a theft of contents from your vehicle claim. 😉

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links