Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello guys n gals. Newbie wanting to say hello

Trexamanic

Hi everyone. I thought I better introduce myself. 
my name is Don, I’m an older member in the 50’s and disabled. We just bought what I think is a stunning Lexus IS 250 SE Mark levinson. 
stunning colour which I will honk is a dark gun metal. 
only just taxed her and insured her 30 minutes ago as we bought it yesterday evening. 
95000 miles which given her age (57) is respectable and for a v6 2.5 shouldn’t be a problem ( I hope) 

Apart from the test drive yesterday I’ve not been in it but already I’ve really fallen for its sleek lines. I am hoping it will provide many trouble free miles for us as we’ve been conned on our last car and lost our other one when a dealership traded car had to go back and our trade in had already gone to market 😓  

I hope to get lots of information and chats so that’s about it. What do you think?A556CE6B-76E9-40CC-8828-2C05BE89EB27.thumb.png.58cb14a7fb1b38e4d244fabcd14ffb1c.png
cheers

don  

• Like 1

Hi Don and welcome to the Forum.

At 52 you are still a young man compared to some of us.

Tell us where you bought the car and how you came to be attracted to Lexus.

Going forward you need to ensure a decent maintenance regime and try to find a competent garage/mechanic nearby to you. I attach the current list of garages our members have used,but none in Dorset itself.

For your comfort you should know that perhaps 5/6 years ago HONEST JOHN in the Daily Telegraph described the IS250 "as the most reliable car on the Planet" .

Lexus Indie Garages (1).docx

Edited by royoftherovers
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don and welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. You've got yourself a superb car. I've had mine since 1st July and its a corker. Look after it and it'll look after you for many many years. Silky smooth ride. Fast and quick enough. Surprisingly good on fuel.

Because its new to you I suggest book it in at your nearest Lexus dealer for an inspection and service. I did with mine and glad I did as one of the rear shockers in their words was leaking and they wouldn't MOT it because they'd fail it. None the less I had the rear pair replaced with original lexus shockers at my local Halfords

Enjoy your beaut of a car. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links