Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

3Not everybody’s cup of tea I know, but having been here in Australia for 8 weeks, travelling extensively, I have only seen RX Lexus’s. However now in Perth and today saw this immaculate little beauty, all blinged up. Fuel here is half price, roads wide and not as busy, but everybody drives strictly at the speed limit.

i do not know which model of LS 400 this is but I am sure somebody will inform us, Cheers, Roger.... back to Uk , leaving tomorrow to face whatever at the airports.

10CEB840-7F1F-4B7F-A5E8-EFEF60BE4D7C.jpeg

782148CE-B6AB-4229-9AA4-912641D1465D.jpeg

6D4DB0E3-DAA2-41E3-9AA6-22AC4552C260.jpeg

9BF04B41-A580-4DAD-BF02-48285010F33A.jpeg

This is a mark1 and probably started life as a celsior import from Japan with subsequent badge changes the absence of fog lights rules out european origin.

It is in superb condition body wise not sure about the bling.

It's a Mk3, tell by the front light set-up ......  unless they were different in Oz

I saw one Ls400 when I was in Oz a few years back too

Looked at the prices there and at that time brand new cars were about twice the price than in the UK  ......  a Ls600 was about £££ 235k .....  impossible prices, yes sterling NOT Aus$

Malc

have a safe trip back

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

It's a Mk3, tell by the front light set-up ......  unless they were different in Oz

I saw one Ls400 when I was in Oz a few years back too

Looked at the prices there and at that time brand new cars were about twice the price than in the UK  ......  a Ls600 was about £££ 235k .....  impossible prices, yes sterling NOT Aus$

Malc

have a safe trip back

You are mistaken Malc

The mark 1 had two  seperate headlights in the cluster the mark3 had one.

and the Mk1 and Mk2 in the UK ( and the Mk4 ) has the foglights below the flashers !  .... the Mk3 doesn't, it's in the main lens clusters

maybe the Aus imports were specifically different for some reason :unsure:

but it's a lovely car apart from all that bling

Malc

Well Roger, you have been the catalyst for a major altercation between two of our esteemed Members.

In one corner we have Phil representing the cold frozen North and in the other corner we have Malc, representing the Garden of England !!

If I were you matey, I`d stay where you are and become our resident Antipodean Correspondent !

Nothing much happening over here except an unexplained absence of Herbie, Lockdowns, Recessions, Shortages of Pasta and Easter on the horizon.

Continue to have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m in now 😀

It appears to be a non JDM model i.e. Lexus badged not Toyota and either a series I or II so 1990-1994.

The headlights/fog lights are 2 piece not a single unit as fitted to JDM models, the latter of which have yellow tinted fogs.

JDM models have no wing positioned indicator repeaters as the outer bumper indicator sections, unlike UK spec models, have bulbs in them instead of just being dummies.

The radio aerial is externally mounted on the rear wing, JDM models are part of the heated rear window elements.

The inner rear light clusters are also not JDM as they are wider due to the squarer type Japanese number plates.

My conclusion is that it’s either a UK car or possibly imported from Singapore.

Pictures of my Celsior below.

04BDD1F5-128F-4B21-8E7E-BCFD8D3FE0F0.jpeg

B38C7E38-7D8B-4E14-8E06-C88EBE848611.jpeg

0D67D7DA-FA7B-4476-956F-14B9471029D3.jpeg

I never saw one when I was in Singapore ( twice now ) and there they have this anomaly that cars over a certain age MUST be scrapped or exported as they aren't allowed on the roads .....  so maybe it is from there after all  ........ did you notice a slight slant to the eyebrows :wink3:

Malc

Well the mystery deepens .There is as Steve says proof it is not a JDM and Australia was a country that Lexus sent the LS400 back in 1990 the point I made regarding fog lamps on the valance may not have been the correct requirement for fog lamps in Australia so it could be why they are not on the valance but I am convinced it is a mark 1.

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Well Roger, you have been the catalyst for a major altercation between two of our esteemed Members.

In one corner we have Phil representing the cold frozen North and in the other corner we have Malc, representing the Garden of England !!

If I were you matey, I`d stay where you are and become our resident Antipodean Correspondent !

Nothing much happening over here except an unexplained absence of Herbie, Lockdowns, Recessions, Shortages of Pasta and Easter on the horizon.

Continue to have a great time.

Thanks John, ironically it’s was only because of Herbie explaining how to upload the photos, that I was able to cause an altercation .........soooo maybe we should blame Herbie 😜cheers, Roger

2 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Thanks John, ironically it’s was only because of Herbie explaining how to upload the photos, that I was able to cause an altercation .........soooo maybe we should blame Herbie 😜cheers, Roger

No altercation just a debate amongst officianados.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links