Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all i own a mk1 gen lexus gs300 sport and it has only done 50.000 miles on purchase in 2017 now it has 80.000 ish in 2018 i had 3 rear sets of tyres after taking it too a well known garage but it failed to cure it i took it to a indipendant garage and it was spot on 6 months ago when they did it now after taking it back there on Friday they said the tyres are worn on the inner edge again and couldn't undo the bolts as they are probably seized in the sleeve now im stuck with bold tyres and dont know where else to go 

A number of Lexus models (my RC for certain) have a rear camber that will wear the inner edge of the rear tyres. This is perfectly normal.

My RC had a full geometry check at each service and at nearly 3yrs and 17k miles the tyres were showing inner edge wear. This was pointed out to me by the service manager and explained it was normal.

One just has to keep an eye on the wear, not just a glance at the centre and outer edges.

Regarding the bolts being seized any good mechanic would be able to free them off and replace with new.

It's not just camber that wears the inner edge of tyres - straddling speed bumps is a major cause. You should drive with one side of the car on one side - on a flat part - and the other side of the car over the raised part - going slowly, of course. Hardly anyone does this - people just drive over them, straddling them, at unabated speed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links