Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What did you do to your Lexus today.

Ordered some flexable filler for the next stage ,but one. Steaming comes first. Now looking at the recolorant and wondering is Black just Black from anybodys' range, or do I need to go a step further in trying to match the Lexus Black ?

If this was virtually any colour ,but Black, I would not even have to ask that question.

Anybody recoloured the SC 430 Black leather seats and got a done that view on using  a recolorant then please step forward now.

Charged my RX and saw that the EV range had increased to 54 miles, for the first time, and went woo-hoo !! 🙃

On 7/2/2024 at 5:24 PM, Boomer54 said:

Nest step for me will be to try and steam out as many wrinkles and signs of compression as I can achieve. Never done this before so not really sure what to expect. The passenger seat is not too bad as is ,but the drivers seat as you can imagine is a lot worse for wear. I will post some pics after the stage and before I do the finishing stage on colouring the leather together with some crack repairs.

Put in one hour on the passenger seat with an Iron and damp cloth.

Below are the before and after action pics.

Some slight improvement in the signs of stretching/compression. However, I think the methodology is limited and likely will only take you so far in terms of improvement.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

3 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Put in one hour on the passenger seat with an Iron and damp cloth.

Below are the before and after action pics.

Some slight improvement in the signs of stretching/compression. However, I think the methodology is limited and likely will only take you so far in terms of improvement.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

B....cks !. Now I just have to go and do more with it. There is just enough improvement to think I could get it just right if I spend more time on it.

• Sad 1

Stephen     Are you drinking this by the tumbler full to reduce the wrinkly effect …… the deep creases might never vanish unless you do 😄

Malc 

20 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Stephen     Are you drinking this by the tumbler full to reduce the wrinkly effect …… the deep creases might never vanish unless you do 😄

Malc 

My wrinkles are unmoved, but boy do I feel good!. Don't be a killjoy and suggest I open the windows.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

My wrinkles are unmoved, but boy do I feel good!. Don't be a killjoy and suggest I open the windows.

Might i respectfully suggest you look rather more carefully in the mirror .  NO  NO  NOO don't do that, the shock might kill you 🤣

Malc

8 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Might i respectfully suggest you look rather more carefully in the mirror .  NO  NO  NOO don't do that, the shock might kill you 🤣

Malc

I will have you know I have oft looked in the mirror and asked the fabled question of it with absolutely no after effects other than it is not nice to be repeatedly told to stop asking stupid questions.

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2024 at 4:03 PM, Boomer54 said:

B....cks !. Now I just have to go and do more with it. There is just enough improvement to think I could get it just right if I spend more time on it.

One more hour of steaming the passenger seat brought no further improvement so I will move along to the next stage involving flexible filler and 1200 grade wet and dry sanding paper. Not today, but I will post pics up when the opportunity arises.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

she turned 101k miles today  ..  my 91 Ls400   J73PBX  ....  drives like new methinks .  a beautiful driving machine for sure  🤞

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

she turned 101k miles today  ..  my 91 Ls400   J73PBX  ....  drives like new methinks .  a beautiful driving machine for sure  🤞

Malc

Just run in the.  I woud love to experience a nice low mileage model for old times sake.  Last time I did was a Mk1 in 1994 with less than 10K on the clock.  Bliss

1 hour ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Just run in the.  I woud love to experience a nice low mileage model for old times sake.  Last time I did was a Mk1 in 1994 with less than 10K on the clock.  Bliss

Hahaha not even run-in at 101k 😂🤣

I bought a 94 Mk2 with 6k miles in about 2007 but sadly written-off by vandalism at 45k some 4 years later ….. then M470HWO ? 

a LS400 is really an everlasting brilliant car …….. I’m surprised you haven’t got another 🤔

Malc 

2 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Just run in

I know it is tempting fate saying this but the IsF has just turned 62000 miles this week and is running better than ever - even faster too! I am sure it tried to pop a wheelie from the lights this morning ( in auto - not even sport or kickdown or traction off mode ). BTW it only gets this treatment once in a blue moon just to clear any carbon from the engine.😉

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links