Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drove from Merseyside to south west London on Friday night.  Averaged 38mpg! Thought I'd share as i was so impressed with it.  That was using cruise control bang on 70mph for most of the journey.  :)

Exceptional economy indeed, as was the opportunity to use cruise for most of the journey.

I`ve always driven from Wirral to London having to use brakes most of the way due to heavy traffic on all of the arterial routes.

• Like 1

Did you use M6? I went up that area end of Jan via M6 I came back down M62 to M1, M6 is most awful road in Europe going up & from what I saw on southbound that was even worse.

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

Did you use M6? I went up that area end of Jan via M6 I came back down M62 to M1, M6 is most awful road in Europe going up & from what I saw on southbound that was even worse.

Try going around Paris or Madrid or Sevilla Den !

M62 is one of the  most busy Motorways in UK and in my experience far worse than M6 any day of the week.

M25 is no Sunday stroll either matey.     :):):)

How`s the aircon going?

I feel that the economy would improve if there was a dedicated lane for Lexus drivers only.

I had a parking sign at my mother's house to tease my many brothers 'Lexus parking only', when I had a SC430 to compliment my LS430 they of course changed it to the plural 'Lexi parking only'  

Left at about 7pm so traffic was good the majority of the way.  Been cruising about London all weekend - not checked mpg again yet so I'll report back before we head back to the Wirral.  Going for another evening/night drive in the hope the traffic is favorable.  

Air con needs a re-gass so it's 4 windows down and moon roof open!

• Like 1

Just checked - driving around London yesterday and today has caused it to drop to 34mpg..still mightily impressive! I'll being the thread to its natural conclusion once we arrive at home later!

M25's not far from me, I never go on it, but the M6 was appalling both ways  (very end of Jan), it was roadworks & low speed limits more or less all the way from appx Coventry up to not to far north of Stoke, they need to get a few legions of Romans in to build something better.

23 minutes ago, dendonc said:

they need to get a few legions of Romans in to build something better.

we'll be out of the EU by then and they won't get work permits I'll be bound :unsure: 

Have u ever seen and driven on the horrendous Italian roads ?  our Motorways are like axmister carpet by comparison.

Malc

Power mode generally only gives transmission up shifts higher up the rev range so when cruising at a constant speed should have little effect on fuel consumption if still accelerating gently.

Another factor is the non functioning AC which to be fair is probably negligible fuel wise on a 4ltr V8 compared to a 1ltr 3 pot engine but open windows and a moonroof would be detrimental to aerodynamics.

27 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Power mode generally only gives transmission up shifts higher up the rev range so when cruising at a constant speed should have little effect on fuel consumption if still accelerating gently.

Another factor is the non functioning AC which to be fair is probably negligible fuel wise on a 4ltr V8 compared to a 1ltr 3 pot engine but open windows and a moonroof would be detrimental to aerodynamics.

I didn't have the windows and moon roof down on the motorway! Drove late on when the heat dropped down.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links