Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

When you say keep warping do you mean you have replaced them before? I think you have a problem with a sticky caliper. The original discs are huge and they will take a fair bit of stick but if a piston is slightly stuck, it will knock them out in no time.

I have a feeling they are all the same.. My TT shares the same disks as an IS200.. they are 296mm... I think mark can get any disks for lexus

Give mark a pm and you might be able to get a discount as the GB is due later

cheers

Thanks Chaps - Stuck my name on the group buy. I changed the discs and pads because they started to judder when braking, only to find that the replacements have gone the same way after only a couple of months :huh: (and yes I did bed them in properley). :blink: Mind you I only paid £85 for a pair of front German sounding replacements so don't hold out for them much on such a heavy car. The pads were also a bit dubious - Apex or something dodgy sounding, :crying: so probably got what I paid for. I always wanted a set of drilled and grooved anyway so these DBA look alright (must say I've never heard of them before but about the same price as Black Diamond ones). I don't think my calipers are to blame as I can push both pistons back with my fingers ! Anyway one of the calipers has been reconned as it was indeed seized. :angry: I'll let you know how I get on with these but can anyone recommend a set of pads to go with these discs ??? :o

Cheers

Pete

Woo ! (and indeed) Hoo ! :D Got my new DBA discs this morning - well done to Mark for getting them to me so soon. ;) Only thing is they have IS 200 written on the box - as Mark asked me if it was for the GS or IS (mine's a S1 GS 300 Sport) I'm kinda wondering if he's sent me the wrong ones ... :blink: I also get the feeling that the IS and GS share the same parts for discs but can anyone verify this before I get them out ofthe shiny boxes and trial fit this weekend ? :huh:

Cheers Guys

Pete

Woo ! (and indeed) Hoo ! :D Got my new DBA discs this morning - well done to Mark for getting them to me so soon. ;) Only thing is they have IS 200 written on the box - as Mark asked me if it was for the GS or IS (mine's a S1 GS 300 Sport) I'm kinda wondering if he's sent me the wrong ones ... :blink: I also get the feeling that the IS and GS share the same parts for discs but can anyone verify this before I get them out ofthe shiny boxes and trial fit this weekend ? :huh:

Cheers Guys

Pete

They are all the same mate

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rodders - have fitted the DBA discs (excellent choice !) and they look fappin' fabulous only prob is that they do look a bit small now sat behind a set of new 18" Toora Platinums ;). I've fitted Lucas pads as they were the only ones I could get at short notice (only £30 'ish).

The car (especially braking) is totally transformed !!! No juddering etc. after carefully bedding in, the car stops with some urgency !!!

A tip - make sure your guide pins are in good nick too - new boots and a proper clean inside with brake cleaner does wonders (and may also be the source of judder probs).

So in order to totally cure my braking probs:-

New wheels to replace the 3 buckled Sport ones :angry:

Cleaned guidepins with new rubber boots

New DBA discs to replace cheap replacements (turned blue due to excessive heat !) :blink:

New pads to replace cheapo no name ones

Now I'm back to :driving: !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links