Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sparkys Back

sparkyhx

Well I'm back in the fold,  I originally had a LS430 some years back that had been LPG'd.  I loved that car.  Since then I've been running a Hyundai i30 diesel 1 year old to 5 years without so much as a hiccup, but boredom, the signal that Diesel has had its day and the fact I missed the premium feel of the Lexus, I decided to rejoin the fold.

So I bought a IS300H Executive Edition 2014, with 14k on the clock.  I've done 1500 miles in 3 weeks and averaged circa 54 according to the computer.  Compared with about probably 55-60ish i probably would have got for the Hyundai. Which I find is pretty damn amazing for a car with 200+bhp, albeit one that does not feel like it has 200+bhp.  Similar power to my toy, a BMW 330ci, but that is major faster (and thirstier).  I dont care particularly about the performance cos as a daily driver I generally drive like miss daisy except when having a play.

I was originally quite concerned at the prospect of CVT, but in the IS its fine, I cant say I've even noticed.   I did originally start looking at the CT200h, but it just didnt feel special, the IS on the other hand is a step change.  I like the look of it, and the the quality.  It handles fine, goes fine (if you press the loud pedal hard enough) and is fantastically quiet (not up to LS standards though)

Dont like

1. I think the centre console is a bit meh
  2. the infotainment system is supremely non user friendly and over complicated.  Ive never really had to read instructions for basic operation, but generally do read them to get some of the 'hidden/unexpected' features, but the damn NAV system was infuriating.  Got the hang of it now, but at first, I couldnt even set a destination.  Same with the radio presets,  whats wrong with a radio with numbers to press for the presets.  Everything takes an unnecessary sequence of button presses.   But I suppose thats new cars in general, even the Hyundai was a pain to adjust certain things. 
  3. front needs more cubby holes.  There is nowhere to put my phone other than in the big central bin, similarly somewhere to put the key would be nice, I dont like my keys making holes in my pocket linings and digging in my leg.
  4. Stupid active noise system - WTF.  Whats that about, Why would I want to pipe false engine noise into the cabin.  Far better to have done noise cancelling tech instead. 

Otherwise I am delighted with my purchase so far and look forward to many years happy motoring.

Sparky Marky

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links