Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rattling front passenger seat

3 hours ago, Usmanbashir said:

Hi  @IS300Hdriver did you ever manage to resolve this issue. I am experiencing a similar issue a subtle rattle noise from front passenger seat area or door card only heard around 70mph on the motorway

If you don't find anything in the seat, check your glovebox too - a few weeks ago I could have sworn I had a rattle from the passenger seat area - after much searching I moved to the glovebox. I found that the shelf in the glovebox was not securely fitted back into it's slots and was causing the rattle... I think it may have been removed if the pollen filter was changed at the car's last service. Also in the past I have found things rattling on the central storage box resonate in such a way as to appear they are coming from other parts of the car... It's worth clearing out all storage spaces first if you are trying to locate a rattle. The other area to check is the door seal rubbers - get some Gummi Pflege and lubricate them. If they are dry they can make various noises, some of which sound like rattles.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 3:30 PM, Usmanbashir said:

@wharfhouse the door seals are definitely dry and potentially the issue- I will lubricate them and see if this improves thank you 

That improved things for me. I cleaned them well and then applied gummipflege by liqui moly (and since i cleaned already that time, i just top up the gummi thing every six months or so), to keep door seals healthy.

Liqui Moly Gummipflege 500 ML | 1538

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links