Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

If the Battery really is running out so fast it has to be a faulty fob - the Battery should last 2-3 years.

Have you got and tried the other fob?

Or, could the fob be being shielded when it's in the car - too much metal around it in your pocket perhaps - other keys on the ring with the fob?

Known problems with the key-less entry system are keeping the key close to a mobile phone, and keeping the fob to close to the car when not in use. This could be the car on the drive, and the fob hanging or on a table near the front of the house. The car keeps sending out a signal that the fob keeps responding to.

John.

• Like 1

What john says is true. a friend had loads of trouble with his Nissan nats system. To many keys on the fob sent it into melt down.

My brother in law owns an Avensis if i have his key on me i can not get in my car. Very strange is it not radio signals do strange things.

Britprius is correct, I've come across this in my old job.

People lock their car and leave the key in range, even though the key is in the house, it's easy for a thief to steal the car because the car and key are still talking to each other draining juice.

http://www.autoserviceprofessional.com/article/94711/Today-s-key-fobs-smart-keys-Technological-advances-provide-convenience-and-cause-problems?Page=2

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links