Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dig Insurance

Steve

I have been on the phone this afternoon with Sarah of DIG and had a chat with her in regards to the modication charges.

Seems that there has been some confusion to what will be charged in the way of mods and I would like to let everyone know who are interested in the LOC scheme with the correct facts.

Each car is based on a per car basis. Most cosmetics mods have no fees... however if there are around 10ish mods or more then they will be refered to see if there are any charges for this. Depending on the mods.

There are no charges if you have a few a non performance enhancing modifations.

High Performance enhancing mods are charged at approx 10% Max... as a large list of cosmentics may have a 5% charge. This is hard for DIG to quote until it has been reviewed.

I have also asked sarah to negotiate with the main insurers about scrapping the track days on the policy in exchange for a better policy in regards to mods. As no one here is really interested in Track days then its a policy that is going to waste. So this would be less of a risk. We would have to wait for confirmation.

I also told sarah that the MR2 club are a different breed to the Lexus club and we should not have to face mod charges due to the fact that there were 4 MR2's written off last year on tracks... I have never known anyone here to be willing to tear their car across a track.. well not anymore anyway.

I am trying to strive a better policy for members... DIG may not be the cheapest for everyone but the policy is alot more rock solid that competiting insurers. The policy has many benefits too.

Get A quote or contact DIG through this page.

thank Steve for your hard work, and to be fair i still like DIG alots as they deal with my Lexus very well, and i also agree that most of the LOCer here wont use they car on track day, we for one, not only i spend alots of money, but also alots of effort and hard work to get my Lexus the way i like it, im not stupid enough to use it on a track day...note this is my personal view...thank...hehe :) :) :)

Thank Again Steve

Thanks for all your efforts Steve, Sarah's a nice lass isn't she :) She sorted me out insurance for the Soarer, and managed to get me the cheapest quote on the Astra too! If I didn't still qualify for an ex-staff discount on the insurance for the IS, I might have had all three with DIG! :P

Thanks for the clarification Steve....I can sleep easy now :D

I was getting a little concerned, especially after last year when I struggled to get a competitive quote. DIG came to the rescue. Although I have had an accident recently, I'm sure DIG will still be competitive for me. B)

Sarah has always been very pleasant and very helpful. I will definitely stick with them if they don't decide to UP the premiums.

I'm happy to get rid of the Track cover as I'll never be going on one. My insurance in up for renewal at the end of Feb :o . I think I'll be giving Sarah a call on Monday. :)

Cheers Steve, for your hard work in getting us good insurance deals. :winky:

Happy motoring :driving:

Thanks very much Steve,

I'm up for renewal soon aswell and DIG saved me £350 last year.

Sarah's exellent to deal with, only last week I called to tell her about the side skirts and springs and they were added on after I sent them a email at no extra cost :)

Cheers

Thanks for the clarification Steve....I can sleep easy now :D

Sarah has always been very pleasant and very helpful. I will definitely stick with them if they don't decide to UP the premiums.

I'm happy to get rid of the Track cover as I'll never be going on one. My insurance in up for renewal at the end of Feb :o .

Cheers Steve, for your hard work in getting us good insurance deals. :winky:

Ditto :D

im not stupid enough to use it on a track day...

That is a bit harsh. Many people enjoy track days and that doesn't make them stupid - each to their own!

Driving your car hard on a 'good' track day with strict rules is much safer than trying to drive hard on the public roads.

Nothing against peeps who don't want to try track days..... but nothing against those that do either :driving:

im hopeing trackday cover will still be available though.........

would be a shame not to go for a little jaunt down santa pod.....

Lets face it though....99.9% of owners aint gonna need the track cover :blush:

But love to hear about you guys that do :D :D :D

im not stupid enough to use it on a track day...

That is a bit harsh. Many people enjoy track days and that doesn't make them stupid - each to their own!

Driving your car hard on a 'good' track day with strict rules is much safer than trying to drive hard on the public roads.

Nothing against peeps who don't want to try track days..... but nothing against those that do either :driving:

Sorry Sammy, i dont mean to say that peeps who take they car to Track day are stupid, may be i should have used a better phrase or words, if you have seen my driving skill, you will tell me to stay away from any track day, so when used the word "stupid" it is directed at myself, not anyone else, im sorry if my limited vocabulary had upset anyone who enjoy track day, have my full apology Sammy and everyone.....

I agree, most people won't need track day cover, but doing a track day is something I'd heartily recommend. Exploring the potential and limits of your car, and more to the point your own driving skills, in the safety of a track is an eye opening experience...!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links