Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Is200 Is Quite Low Enough Thanks!

doobs

Hi

I have to reverse my vehicle up on to my concrete drive - which has a 30 degree ish ramp to it before it levels out. I find that occasionally when reversing as I hit the point where the ramp changes to the level section I hear a grinding type noise depending on who is in the car, how it is loaded etc- I cringe when I hear it and I believe it is part of the exhuast system as there is the odd minor scratch etc when I have inspected the underbody. I may have to lower the drive somehow or change the car!! I'll try the drive first. There is no way that I could lower the car anymore (although I am not into modding as yet) - I try to keep the tyre pressures up as much as possible as every little helps!

I take it all you guys with lowered IS's have to be really careful over speed humps etc anyway

I don't have much problem at all, although my drive is not flat and the pavement bit drops away in the opposite direction my car only just touches on the exhaust.

Plenty of speed bumps around though, the little square ones arn't a problem, just need to position the wheels either side of the square, the others I take carefully.

My IS is not lowered, and though it would look good, my car is indeed "quite low enough thank you". In NL we have a lot of ramps, not just on driveways but on 30kph zone intersections as well. I find that especially with backseat passengers my towbar hits these ramps a lot, no matter how slow I drive off them. It is like driving off the kerbside with both rear wheels at the same time. The long overhang at the rear doesn't help either.

It helps driving off them at an angle, so the rear wheels don't drop at the same time.

If it weren't for the towbar I would have wrecked the exhaust many times already.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links