Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Annoying forum behaviour

Maybe I'm just feeling 'that way out' today but is anyone else annoyed by the way the pages load on this forum? I've only been a member since about May when we got our RX300 but it really narks the carp out of me when I'm just about to click on a link and then it moves down because of all the adverts loading and then I end up clicking on the one above what I really want!

I'm a member of many forums (Club Lexus USA, AVForum, Technibble and the UK LPG forum to name just a few) and none of them are as bad as this one!

Rant over :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I find this forum very clunky too.

The bit that gets me so frustrated is the yellow "Got It" box that appears relating to cookies....slows the whole log on process.  Is there a way to get rid of this ?  Surely if I'm a member I should be able to acknowledge the cookie policy just once, not every time I log on !

• Like 1

Try the Alfa owner forum, you have to wait quite a while for adverts to load, then the links to social media kick in. It's a terrible site when loading.

They're trying to maximise profit, understandably but the sites are getting clunky.

I use an adblock and its running silky smooth on a PC mind....I appreciate phones can be a different matter altogether. 

The good news for the forum (obviously they rely on ads for revenue)  is that I still see ads at the top and bottom of the page that obviously don't interfere with the way it works.

3 hours ago, steveledzep said:

I find this forum very clunky too.

The bit that gets me so frustrated is the yellow "Got It" box that appears relating to cookies....slows the whole log on process.  Is there a way to get rid of this ?  Surely if I'm a member I should be able to acknowledge the cookie policy just once, not every time I log on !

If you stay logged in using one computer using the "remember me" or something along those lines tickbox then it doesn't keep asking from my experience. 

Im not getting these advertisement issues though, it loads first time for me?

No, the remember me box is ticked.  This avoids having to fill in user name and password each time, but still displays the yellow "got it" box twice during log in.

Occasionally the "got it" box doesn't appear, this is when I've been logged in just a short time ago.  If I log off at night and log in again the following morning, I get the "got it" box.

38 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I cant say I have any troubles with my laptop. Site has always worked smoothly with little or no delay.

How about the cookies yellow "got it" box Mike....do you get that at every log in ?

I don't get the cookie prompt either. I believe the issue may be related to your security settings, firewalls or other personal settings rather than the site itself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links