Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I got back to my IS250 after a couple of days and found that the driver's window and the rear driver's side windows were down about 20cms. I definitely didn't leave it that way! Luckily it spends most of its life in the garage. Any thoughts?

Lexus design, car detected it was getting a bit hot inside and put the windows down :biggrin:

Seriously no idea, I think you can press the keyfob on some models and all the windows roll down but not just 2.

Nothing spilt in the window switches recently or rain water dripped in?

It's a setting on the Custom Menu that is activated by an extended press of the buttons. This can be initiated by an accidental press that you are completely unaware of .

It is intended to allow for cooling of the interior on a very hot day, when you first come back to the vehicle. IMHO its a bit daft. I know of someone who had a wet car and another with a snow lining.

AFAIK you'll need to get Lexus to disable the function. Unless you have one of those Techstream thingys.

22 minutes ago, djkenn said:

That's it. The key was in my pocket and must have got a squeeze. I couldn't find that feature in the User Manual. Thanks everyone.

The function open all 4 windows, so it doesn't explain why only 2 windows were open - sorry to tell you, but your issues lies somewhere else.

Once after shopping I found all 4 windows fully down in the rain and I definitely didn't press the key.. never found how that happened and it never happened again.

I was speculating that maybe other cars remote had accidentally matching frequency which triggered it, but that again would not apply to you because windows cannot be opened individually.

Here is the personalized settings menu if you wish to peruse

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS250_LPS.pdf

Yes, it should be all 4 windows down (and moonroof open if fitted) but I don't know how accurate djkenn was being with his description of the event, and this sounded like the most logical explanation to me.

2 minutes ago, normski2 said:

Here is the personalized settings menu if you wish to peruse

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/IS250_LPS.pdf

Yes, it should be all 4 windows down (and moonroof open if fitted) but I don't know how accurate djkenn was being with his description of the event, and this sounded like the most logical explanation to me.

I am fully aware of this feature and I use it often.. if not the previous owners, I would have specified it myself. When I used to own 250 F-Sport it had moonroof as well and it was supercool to close it remotely. 

The only way to link this feature with the djkenn description is if his passengers window if broken in someway and when the feature was activated only 3 windows were lowered.

Sometimes if the Battery has been disconnected this happens....reset all 4 windows as follows,  Fully open each window in turn and then one at a time close them by holding the door trigger on each door until fully closed...KEEP the switch held up in that position and do not release for a few more seconds, I believe you'll here a "beep" do all four separately (do not use the front door pairs of switches to do the back windows use their own switch on each door).  This resets the door windows to some kind of a default setting.  

Happened to me a few times before I figured what was happening (maybe with the help of someone on here) my Lexus IS 220D is almost 10 years old, it maybe different for newer models.

Vrmm Vrmm

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links