Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

new member of our Lexus family

Just added a White  2015 Rx 450h to our family (to join my IS200d) .... wife is a very happy girl!

However, surprised to get through 1/2 tank of fuel on the 30mile drive home,  just normal driving...... appreciate it is a 3.5v6, but expected the hybrid to help a little!

Out of interest what sort of mpg do people get through normal use?

1 hour ago, jumbojake said:

yes 30mile... we left the garage with 1/2 tank and had to fill up when we got home.  seems to drive ok, and trip computer showing about 30mpg

There's something wrong. Leak?!!

I do about 30mpg mostly and get around 370+ miles from 1 tank. 

You sure it was half full and not a quarter? 

Best thing to do - fill the tank up to full. Check the cruising range. Keep track of the mileage and see if it goes down really quick. I.e. ensure the cruising range doesn't go down 3 miles for every mile on the odo

can't see any problems... will keep an eye on it now we have filled it up.  Reassured other people getting 30mpg... I get about 47mpg from my IS, so was expecting better from a hybrid.  Maybe we need to learn to drive a hybrid differently from a diesel!

Sounds worse than my V8, I would certainly keep an eye on it, to get an accurate reading brim the tank do a reasonable mileage and then re brim. Work out the mileage between fill ups and calculate the MPG.

1 hour ago, jumbojake said:

can't see any problems... will keep an eye on it now we have filled it up.  Reassured other people getting 30mpg... I get about 47mpg from my IS, so was expecting better from a hybrid.  Maybe we need to learn to drive a hybrid differently from a diesel!

30mpg is about right though it defo depends on driving style. I can get 33-35mpg on long runs at a steady 70mph without cruise control (ruins the mpg but not really sure why). 

I also keep the car in Sport mode on the motorway. Sounds counterintuitive but get's better mpg on the motorway compared to normal for me

You can drive the RX like any other car but it'll take a hit on mpg. If you drive in a relaxed manner it'll push the mpg up. 

But yes, generally 30mpg is the norm. Depending on mileage the engine will probably loosen up a bit too after about 5-7k miles

Also worth keeping note that the RX has a relatively small tank at 62l 

Really good post, thanks Rayaans ..... will pass on your advice my wife ... but to be honest, asking her to drive in a 'relaxed manner' could start a 'robust discussion'.... I'll update later from the hospital!

Just been out for a good drive... we were getting just over 33mpg on mixes country roads ... and fuel gauge has barely moved, so assume all is well..... just have to leave the 'fun driving' to my time in my IS

2 hours ago, jumbojake said:

Just been out for a good drive... we were getting just over 33mpg on mixes country roads ... and fuel gauge has barely moved, so assume all is well..... just have to leave the 'fun driving' to my time in my IS

Yep, that sounds about right - it shouldn't move much at all as it'll do 350 miles atleast with ease on one tank

Very weird though, the cruising range sometimes goes down slower than the ODO is going up especially if you go on a long drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links