Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Does anyone know whether it's much of a job to replace the raer wing  radio aerial on a 99 ls 400 , in terms of connections/removing trim etc? I'm having a partial respray, doing both sides to freshen the car up and want to replace the aerial, which is tarnished gold colour, with chrome, as well as the badges. Also, does anyone kno where I can get a decent quality replacement

thanks in advance

From what I remember from doing mine it's a case of removing the top nut with a wide blade screwdriver ( mask around the aeriel in case of slips!) then remove the trim in the boot. (Various clips and push fittings).

There is a single 10mm bolt to remove then a multi plug for the electrics and a connection for the actual aerial lead ( pulls out of a socket).

The whole lot should then be free to remove.

Chances are it's just the insert that has failed so less than £20.00 for a replacement on eBay.

There is a tutorial for fitting this on www.lexls.com albeit for the earlier model but very similar.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/powerantenna.html

Thanks Steve. I should have mentioned that the aerial is working fine, it is just looking shabby. I've seen the tutorial but it's for an earlier car, I wondered if the mk 4 is the same

Removing the top nut is exactly the same, the boot liner is different as there is no toolbox present on that side on the series IV.

Where it says 2 nuts on the tutorial there is only one on the IV on the boot mounting.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links