Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Central Locking

seem to have a problem with central locking

when driving under 23 mph the central locking goes nuts (my car locks itself when i drive over 23mph) So it means when i am crawling in traffic the car keeps unlocking and locking constantly... driving me mad.. makes me want to punch the door like a nutcase.

Sometimes its ok.. sometimes its a pain... the door used to unlock using the button inside on the drivers door control panel.. now it fails to do this

Also when trying to lock the doors from outside using keys the passenger door stays unlocked.

Could it be a fault on the lock or the control panel?

well... funny that as I was talking to someone with the window down and it was raining.. control panel got a little wet... but it was fine for a couple of weeks...

makes me wonder if the swich has corroded!

I dont wanna buy one of these and find out its not that... plus toyota will charge an arm and a leg to source the problem.

take the Cp out, check that the connectors look ok - no green/whitish deposits etc, and give the connections a light spray with wd40 - not too much though if that doesnt work then water might be further inside the switches- in that case set ur oven to about 50C and place the CP in there for about 30 / 45 mins - that will also remove any water that is there, but remember 50C !! also watch ur fingers when taking it out.

i doubt it- as since it got a bit wet u have had probs, so would say no, safest option is the radiator, u wont melt anything then! :crybaby: and its a gentle process which is good - have to do it for my phone every now and then, and so far it still works fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links