Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Been Thinking......

Mitch

ok so i know i been away from the site for a while making the odd appearence. been doin some thinking about the car, too cut it short thinking of selling, car is definatly goin by autumn but dnt know whether to sell it now or wait??

what do you think

by the way someone gonna ask wot im gonna get nxt so i'll save you the trouble and tell ya its either a B.M.W X5 or and AUDI A4 3.0 quattro drop top. :driving:

p.s HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

p.p.s big changes to the site since last seen it, looks better than before LOC TEAM doin good, keep it up! B)

If you're going for the Audi A4 Cabrio, then all I can say is good luck and I hope you manage to find a good dealer.

I can honestly say that in my dealings with four (yes four) Audi dealers in the South East, I have never in my life encountered such a cavalier attitude coupled with outright :tsktsk: incompetence!

If the other half didn't have her heart set on this car, the directors of Audi UK would have had a piece of my mind by now. She is still waiting for an A4 Cabrio that she ordered back in June last year! :angry:

Sorry about the rant.... the A4 Cabrio is a lovely car, just let down by the dealers.

i know wot you mean pulse.

the audi dealers in stafford are a bunch of halfwits, i told them that last year,i know more about there cars than they did.

the audi dealer in hanley is very good though. me and 2 cousins went to them last year as my cousin wanted a 225 TT or A4 cab, the dealer let us all test a TT and 1.8T A4 cab and we were all under 22yrs old.

which A4 your mrs gone for pulse? why the delay with delivery??

She went for the 1.8T Quattro - I did suggest the 3.0 V6 Quattro but you know what women are like... "Why do I need all that power?" :duh: :lol:

First up, Audi Brighton simply weren't interested in selling her a car. Visited the showroom... they were too busy. Telephoned several times... they never returned calls.

Next Audi Horsham - managed a 15 minute accompanied test drive but that was it. Still, she fell in love with the car, decided the spec (which came to over £30K in the end) placed an order and gave a £1K deposit at the start of June 2003. Likewise they started to not return calls when chased about it's progress. Finally in October the car arrived, but it was the wrong spec!! The dealer blamed the factory, Audi UK blamed the dealer... ho hum. My Mrs rejected the car and said she wanted the right one. They resubmitted the order. In November we called to try and get an estimated delivery date. Audi Horsham was no more - it's now VW only, what's more the salesman had actually quit and gone to work for BMW. They suggested we contact Audi Crawley!!

Audi Crawley - went to their grand opening & tackled the sales manager direct. Another week and a half went by... finally after much chasing they put us on to Audi Epsom!!?

Audi Epsom - "oh well we inherited this problem, we didn't do anything wrong". Car is on order, but can't give you a delivery date though. Been chasing them for two weeks, finally they've just said the car is in the UK, it's in Derby! They don't know when it'll be ready for delivery, try calling next week.

Also, because the wrong car was delivered initially, my Mrs had to hang on to her Honda Civic. It had to be serviced in November, but Audi UK refused to offer anything towards the cost of the service. They also refused to offer any other sort of compensation.

I keep saying to the Mrs that if Audi are this bad before you've even got the car, heaven help you when you've got it. So, if you do find a good Audi dealer - hang on to them!

my neighbour works at Audi, and the Audi garage is across the road from my workshop..........

do not belive everything you hear about VW/Audi

they, or should i say the modern ones are not reliable, i have seen the same audi cab in the workshops at least 7 times in the last 6 months

they are not as well put together, and stupidly overpriced

and as for BMW X5......you goto be having a laugh

if your not botherd about costs and just wanna look "pimp" get whatever makes you look good

:blink:

My Managing Director has just aquired an Audi RS6 Estate, nice car but very expensive (nearly 60,000).

Sounds good though, reminds me or the TTE IS430.

Priced up an Audi A3 3.2 Quattro sport a while back, it worked out with all equipmebt levels of the 'IS at around £27,000 and that only with 184bhp :huh:

thanks for everyones replies

new IS is out nxt year but i dnt wanna wait for something i havent seen and chance losing extra money off my Lex if i dnt part exchange it for the new one

main reason for car going this yr is i need a change,done everything wit that car need something differnt.

i priced an a4 3.0 quattro up and it came to £37k!!! :whistling:

thing is they hold value so bloody well, best on the market today actually i think that its pointless gettin a 2nd hand one really but again its a lot of cash

x5 will be a 2nd hand car though coz i want to put 22inch Kahn RS-C alloys and the chrome bars on it (alloys are £3.5k)either way i got a problem wit cars and its gonna cost me loads, need a new hobby ;)

mite wait til i get back from florida/vegas to sell it thats in middle of june,

steve- i havent seen new supra mate.

On the Audi A4 Cabriolet front, the other half finally got hers at the weekend, after a 9 month wait!

Lovely looking car, and I'd say I almost prefer the interior to that of my IS. The seats are certainly more comfortable, with electronic adjustment for virtually every aspect, and 4 memory settings for the drivers side.

On the down side - both headlamps and one of the rear lamps have got quite bad condensation in them, the drivers side door trim is coming off, and there's a nasty rattle/squeak from behind the sat nav screen! So, she's calling the dealer today....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links