Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys,

Winter is over and have given the girl a good going over, when it came to the wheels though nothing I have (dont have any proper alloy cleaner at the moment) sorted the wheels to a standard that I liked. Can anyone recommend a good cleaner please? I am loathed to use an acid based one like Blitz although it gets good reviews as i'm not aure about the plastic birts in the wheels and they look a little marked as it is. Bought some brushes so I can get in there but just cane seem to get all the marks off.

Have an 08 450h. 

Thanks

Wayne

What have you used so far?

Use something like Valetpro Bilberry - maintenance washes should be at 1:5 and if they are seriously bad just use it neat. If that doesn't shift it, the only thing you can do is use an acid based one like Wonder wheels! Once is OK but don't make it a regular habit as it can corrode wheels if used too much.

Really only shampoo and a little bit of a wax with a little cut in it, as I said I dont have anything wheel specific, havent tried anything like fairy liquid as didnt think that would do any good.

34 minutes ago, claytow said:

Really only shampoo and a little bit of a wax with a little cut in it, as I said I dont have anything wheel specific, havent tried anything like fairy liquid as didnt think that would do any good.

OK, well yes, something like Autosmart Smart wheels if you can get hold of it - use it at 1:10 dilution with water first and for maintenance washes, if that doesn't shift, use it at 1:3. Dont use this stuff neat unless you really have to, very concentrated. You should be able to find it on eBay.

48 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

I have used Wonder Wheels in the past but not on the Lex as its had refurbed wheels on - I think its acid based but works real well

Yes its acidic. Dont go using that on kerbed wheels or wheels with pinholes in it. It'll bubble the paint off.

12 minutes ago, piasek said:

Bilt hamber

Bit overpriced - the only thing it does that Autosmart smart wheels can't is bleed purple and remove iron fallout - much cheaper options out there if you want to remove fallout.

Actually that's a good point. You'll only need the wheel cleaner for cleaning wheels before using a wheel sealant on them. Then just use car shampoo

Don't use wheel cleaner on sealed wheels as it'll strip the sealant 

Wonder wheels do a non acidic wheel cleaner which I use and like some of the other cleaners here it turns the brake dust purple/red.

its quite slippery when on so makes it easy to clean the dirt off.

your local Halfords sell it to.

carl

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links