Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I know bad winters have a bearing on life, but exhausts also rot from the inside. Did you think it would of lasted longer.

Did you have to purchase the new one from lexus. What was the cost, can you remember. Or did you go after market??

I expected it to last longer - hadn't heard of any others going at this age (knew it would eventually go though)

Lexus quoted me £2700 at the time, fitted, to replace it which was the middle and boxes. Could not justify that expense so had a look around - ATS told me Lexus had not released the pattern part for 3rd party manufacturers to make it so its only available from Lexus as an OEM part. I went with a local custom exhaust manufacturer as I needed the car and could not really spend a lot of time sorting it out.

Bad mistake as its awful - the drone is bad at around 2k revs, novelty at first but for the past year or so its got on my nerves. I have all the parts to make my own now and just need a bit of good weather and a bit of time to put it together. Having all the parts now, it doesn't look like a hard job at all. I need to bend a few pipes but have an idea for that. I will either weld or clamp it, I don't know yet. It will have twin boxes on each side when done which would help the flow better.

It may still drone a bit but further up the rev range but its not going to reach the revs during normal driving. Once I have done it I will post the pictures up.

Exactly. Aftermarket is the only option - you can find used oem on eBay but how long they would last would be questionable. That price was two years ago - may have come down or gone up by now. I have heard some of the stainless steel ones can be quiet, some owners on here may be able to help in directing you to a supplier.

On 2/28/2016 at 8:09 AM, madasahatter said:

As above what is the life of a stanard exhaust. Just wondered as they are not a cheap item to purchase. Have seen the odd one for sale, but dont look like they have much

life in them to be honest.

I have recently lost right rear box (apparently common issue - my car is 2008 October). I think I slightly hit it when going over the bumps and it had one week/rusted weld. It was £680+fitting for the rear section. Didn't bother to find out how much the fitting, because it was obviously was about to get absurd (really it is just 2 screws and 6 rubber holder which you can undo with hands). End up visiting local garage - they said all exhaust is a bit rusted, but nothing major. As well I have checked the part and it looked like broken rather than rusted. End-up doing bit of fudge - they welded up the rear box for £80. So far have not other problems (after ~6 month).

When this going to brake, I believe I am going to order entire Aftermarket exhaust from engine to the tail-pipes somewhere from Eastern EU - have seen custom titanium exhaust in ~£700 range (£2800 it like almost half of my cars value).

Yes where do they get there price from? Stainless steel can be picked up for far less, admitted they are a bit louder than stock. Unless you have one made up

and specify a quiet one. But then you lose the extra horse power by restricting it.

1 hour ago, madasahatter said:

Yes where do they get there price from? Stainless steel can be picked up for far less, admitted they are a bit louder than stock. Unless you have one made up

and specify a quiet one. But then you lose the extra horse power by restricting it.

Well.. you won't lose horse power compared with stock. Unless it is really badly designed.. which would be a bit strange as exhaust design is not rocket science. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links