Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

10pm Channel 4 Tonight

Fidgits

I saw this advertised, and thought it might interest some other members.

It looks like basically people getting very drunk, and then working the next day still drunk.

The advert features a nanny and a doctor...

I saw the advert and decided that it was the last thing I wanted to see!!

As an aircraft engineer, there are some very strict rules about drink and drugs in my industry. In fact they are not rules, they are law!

It would frustrate me that, so called, responsible citizens would be so irresponsible. :angry:

I watched the programme and it wasn't surprising to see.

My main concerns are that people still think after a good night out on the drink they can driver to work the next morning. Let alone operate machinery ECT...

In a large number of motorists I’ve stopped for drink/drug driving offences it’s more often that not the morning after.

What annoys me the most though is the confusing message the government sends out to the public......... that two paints is an acceptable limit! Sorry not in my experience. Everyone is different it’s impossible to quote how much someone can drink before being affect

What do the rest of you think in relation to the legal limit for drink?

Well the program wasn't exactly what i expected, it was a 'dramatisation' from confidential interviews (but i guess no-one would want to be filmed being drunk at work)..

Apparrantly, most of the 'stories' were based on accounts of events in these interviewee's lives.

However, i found the ending a bit cheesy, they all got caught out and gave up the drink etc...

As for the drink driving, well, I hardly drink anymore (only on special occasions), and i havent been drunk for at least a year.

I never drink and drive (i wont drive after 1 glass of wine), and IMO, if your hungover, whether theres still alcohol in your system or not, your not fit to drive as your reactions will be slower etc...

I watched the programme and it wasn't surprising to see.

My main concerns are that people still think after a good night out on the drink they can driver to work the next morning. Let alone operate machinery ECT...

In a large number of motorists I’ve stopped for drink/drug driving offences it’s more often that not the morning after.

What annoys me the most though is the confusing message the government sends out to the public......... that two paints is an acceptable limit! Sorry not in my experience. Everyone is different it’s impossible to quote how much someone can drink before being affect

What do the rest of you think in relation to the legal limit for drink?

We've covered this before..........at some length !!!!!!!!

think the concensus is

total ban at least there can be no mixed messages

Well the program wasn't exactly what i expected, it was a 'dramatisation' from confidential interviews (but i guess no-one would want to be filmed being drunk at work)..

Apparrantly, most of the 'stories' were based on accounts of events in these interviewee's lives.

However, i found the ending a bit cheesy, they all got caught out and gave up the drink etc...

I agree Ian - wasn't what I had expected at all.... although the underlying message behind the programme was rather disturbing.....

I agree Ian - wasn't what I had expected at all.... although the underlying message behind the programme was rather disturbing.....

Yeah, the fact your Doctor/train driver/teacher/nanny could be going out in the middle of the week, getting so drunk that they pass out, then thinking they can work as normal the morning after....

I have to say, the most shocking scene was the teacher who nipped out of class to drink a miniture bottle of vodka neat!!! (oh and later on, he threw up in class!?!)

I know this happens with people who work in air traffic control!

I am working with a guy who was a planner on the Jubille Line extension of the London Tube.

Apparently drinking on the job was a big problem there.

the sacked one guy after he was found "tired and emotional" in the drivers cab, with one crate of beer (significantly diminished) at his side, and sat on another crate which he was using to store his empties :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links