Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Opinion on is250 im thinking of buying?

Hi mate I got same colour but it's facelift model sel, have to agree with u about alloys not my taste either. Prefer original alloys. Pic of mine is250 se-l 2009, if you go for se l model will get lot more toys. Best car v6 engine choice.is this in your budget????

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

There 2 spec se -i which is facelift model and upto 2008-2009 se- l, which is top spec model.Mine got leather heated and cooled seats.i had is220d se-l before, it had loads of extras, check some se-l models out and compare with sport model.u will have better idea rather me listing them.in UK we got dvla site where you can verify mileage with all mot's. U must have site like that in Ireland. Lexus can extend 20,000 miles service. It's same as se-l model but without leather.test driver it @ see good luck

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

Heated and cooled seats only comes in leather, heated only on  fabric seats on advance model and f sport with half leather unless Ireland spec is different to uk.accouding to spec list it's only got heated, not cooled. maybe some1 else can shed some light on this issue,and yes it's only missing leather. Best thing is test it ur self just to see if dealer is right. Have u seen car and test drove it yet?if you can live without leather then it's nice looking car. 

no the plan was to test it tomm, he said it was heated and the spec says it is so would be disappointed to get down there and it doesnt have it.

also he mentioned there is only 1 key as owner cant locate the second. how much hassle would it be to get a second? 

this one also has sunroof, does yours?

Hello.

A couple of things stand out.

Ahmedali44 is right in saying that unless you guys have different specs, it is a strange one.  I am no expert, but it looks like SE-L spec, but they only came with leather?

Next, have a good look around the rear cause the panel gap on the left of the boot lid looks a little off.

Lastly, the service history is quite patchy.  Am I right in reading that it didn't have a service between 49 and 81k?  That is over 18,000 miles, which isn't great.  Also, it hasn't had a service for over 2 and a half years?

Getting another key wouldn't be hassle, but unless you know someone with the appropriate software, it is a dealer only job, which means it isn't cheap.

Well here I paid nearly £300 not sure what it would cost in Ireland,well it's reason to haggle.ask if hpi check is done and ask for report.another thing you can do is ring lexus Cork about mileage and any work it had done.

ok im not sure what spec it is exactly! i need to try find this out, regarding the panel gap i really would not have noticed so thanks for pointing it out. how do you mean by "a little off"

on the service history, yes it looks like it didnt have service history between 49-81k and most recent history is 2.5 years. would this be a no go?

regarding the key, they can do that themselves.

Well, I can't be sure, but from the look of the pictures, the gap is bigger on the left hand side as opposed to the right.  This could be simply a case of a slight adjustment needed, but you need to have a good look to make sure it hasn't had a knock on the rear.

As for the history, that is up to you.  Personally, I wouldn't be happy with it, but for others, as long as it runs well and the oil in it isn't very dirty, they might be ok with it.  

What it comes down to is whether any of these issues are a deal breaker for you?  No point continuing if you are not happy.

My is220d boot didn't close properly, think it was lock which needed changing, when I sold it buyer did piont it to me, but didn't really notice it for 2yrs. When it's closed try to lift it, shouldn't have any play, but mine had slight play in it when lifted.if in doubt don't buy it 

i would give that a miss, too much unknowns. Gap in the service is not good at all, and god knows when it was last looked after. the tax being so crazy in Ireland large cc cars can be sitting for.......years

btw I am Irish also, they dont have 'SEL' spec in Ireland as such, not the one we have in the uk. It looks like SEL minus Leather, as pointed out. Its certainly not a bad car at all, but the large gaps in service would put me off, if you do purchase set aside a nice purse of money for upkeep.

My 2008 SEL 250 has this much.

memory seats, both sides- cant be programmed to key fob also

electric seats, with lumbar both sides. 13 way adjust or something.

17" alloys - standard Lexus not them hideous ones!

Mark Levinson upgrade w/rear camera (upgrade option)

Parking sensors f /r 

Bluetooth, hands free

Auto Lights, Auto Wipers

Adaptive HID lights

Auto Dimming Side Mirrors

Auto Dimming rear view mirror

Heat / Cool vented leather seats

Rear Electric Blind

Do u want manual????  try finding sel spec model lot more extra as toffee pie mentioned, f sport has limited extra too, thought euro was more expensive then Stirling. Try seeing some in uk @ comparing in euro, might get good deal.at least UK spec u can check on dvla site regarding mileage history, u must have something similar in Ireland. 

From the pics above, it does look like the top model - you have the heated/cooled seats, the Mark Levison system, park sensors f/b, rear camera, memory seats, voice system and everything other then the leather seats. Its an Automatic with flappy paddles.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links