Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New to the Club and Lexus

Thanks Dave. :thumbsup:

Really means a lot to me.

Can be quite tough at times when you are doing something like this.

Last thing I want is to devalue the brand, or fit parts that make the car look cheap.

Lexus aren't known for making performance cars apart from the LF-A(but that's way out of most people's price range!).

the IS-F is an amazing machine in so many ways.

I'm hoping my car will help people see that for themselves. 

Really isn't much that can compare to the F. Spacious, reasonably economical compared to other big V8 cars, cheaper than its rivals to maintain, well spec'd (our 8-spend box came out in 2008 remember), and possibly up to 650-700HP once the supercharger kit is finished! :thumbup:

Add some personal touches (I like real carbon, I also like to hear my engine. What's the point in buying a V8 otherwise! Lol), and you have a great all rounder.

Hopefully you'll be at one show or another. Be good to see things in person. Photos don't do it justice! :wink1:

• Like 1

On 19 February 2016 at 1:47 PM, DT_Racing said:

GibletPH, the very nice lady on the phone asked if I wanted to sign up to the service plan and is sending me a quote across via mail. She did mention that it would include a 15% discount for club membership so looks like you may be able to drop it some...

For everyone's info they are also still doing the 24months for price of 12 on extended warrenty, asked for a quote for that also. If you can get a club discount on that to it would be incredible.

Did your email confirm the addition of the club discount on the service pack?

4 minutes ago, DT_Racing said:

Gib, yes it did, I was offered a 20% off actually which I thought very fair indeed

Do you have a breakdown of what services are in the pack and details of the discounts applied?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2016 at 11:50 AM, GibletPH said:

Nice work with the tints and the leather cleaner. I've only got the Gliptone stuff so will have to buy some Dodo Juice cleaner. I hope it smells as nice as their Rainforesr Rub wax, still have half a jar of that from a few years back!

I've just been using Dodo Juice Window Cleaner on my windscreen. 

Wow - what a difference it made.

I found it easy to use - with a microfibre cloth.

For anyone who may be thinking about it, I had the F back at Lexus Leicester today for a software and Nav update. £158 inc VAT. I now have 2015-16 maps rather than the original 2009-10

Interesting. I bought the 2015 map updates from Lexus Woodford last year, but they were discs you load into the multimedia system?

You mentioned software update in your post, does that include the gearbox software?

Cheers.

Peter :smile:

Mine is the HDD based system so no discs for me. The software update (as far as I am aware) is just for the multimedia system so it updates the Nav maps. phone connectivity,streaming, gracenote etc. I dont believe its an ECU or gearbox management update however it was a 4 hr process to complete which I was surprised about.

That makes sense. :thumbsup:

I know the GTR has gearbox and ECU software updates, but didn't think we had that option for the F (yet! :wink3:).

I think Rafi at RR-Racing is working on some updates for the gearbox at the moment? Could help smooth out some of the clunky shifting in the lower gears. :thumbup1:

Gearbox mapping for the VAG cars is very very common, I guess as with everything ISF its slow to come in due to low demand. Would be interested in a map for the Gearbox for sure. RR-Racing seem to be the main force behind F developments at the minute, I keep an eye on their site for updates.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links