Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Potenza RE031 tyres no longer made by Bridgestone

Bridgestone do not seem to be making the Potenza RE031 tyres which were specially made for the RX400h.  Even UK tyre suppliers whose websites say they still have the tyres cannot actually supply them (i.e. they are out of stock).  What other tyres are recommended instead?

I've even looked on the Bridgestone website for the Potenza RE031s and they don't list them as a product.   I've left them a message asking if they still make them.

Has anyone tried the Continental Sport Contact 5 tyres?     They seem to have good reviews for a host of different SUVs, and a reviewer preferred them to the Bridgestone Potenzas - and they are cheaper than the Bridgestones!

5 hours ago, Clive64 said:

I've even looked on the Bridgestone website for the Potenza RE031s and they don't list them as a product.   I've left them a message asking if they still make them.

Has anyone tried the Continental Sport Contact 5 tyres?     They seem to have good reviews for a host of different SUVs, and a reviewer preferred them to the Bridgestone Potenzas - and they are cheaper than the Bridgestones!

Although it says that they were designed for the Lexus RX300 I cant really see anything spectacular about them. They have an E rating for fuel economy and also an E rating for Wet grip and the 71dB noise rating isn't great either.

Dont get the continental's, they're sticky tyres, i.e. lots of grip but very poor in terms of wear. A mate had them fitted to his S5 and both front and rear's are in need of a change in 12k miles.

Id recommend the Michelin Latitude Tour HP. I have them fitted on my car now as do alot of other members and no complaints about them

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to get the Bridgestones now.  There were very few in the UK, but I managed to find some.  Bridgestone said that they were not expecting any more in the UK until April.

Thanks for the information about the Michelins.  I'll give them a try next time.

Has anyone tried out the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 SUV tyres?

4 hours ago, Clive64 said:

I've managed to get the Bridgestones now.  There were very few in the UK, but I managed to find some.  Bridgestone said that they were not expecting any more in the UK until April.

Thanks for the information about the Michelins.  I'll give them a try next time.

Has anyone tried out the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 SUV tyres?

The Michelin Latitude Tour HPs are much nicer tyres that the Crapstones.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChrisKaye said:

Lol, nice one Tom - it's a shame the Bridgestone's were so bad, I used to love the S02's back in the day on my Supra....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed!

I had a Supra too - fun car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links