Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have noticed over the past few days that the steering wheel vibrates when in any gear, but when I put it into P or N it stops, before I take it to a garage, have any of you had the same problem and if so how did you sort it out. All info much appreciated  cheers. 

I've had this issue on an auto BMW. 

Just to clarify, is there a vibration when you're STATIONARY in any gear? I assume it is as you're cycling P and N?

Vibration when stationary - only parts that would be moving are engine rotation and torque converter, with torque converter imbalance being the obvious first place to look. (This was my issue with the BMW)

Transmission and engine mounts would be my 1st thought, pretty easy to see if the engine mounts are worn, rev the engine and see if it rocks side to side excessively (or would those champayne glasses slide off the bonnet).

Garage would be able to check the transmission mount.

• Like 1

Norman, I'm with Steve when he thinks it could possibly be a worn tranny mount. It's not a very expensive part, even from Lexus, and it's an easy fit. Definitely worth considering. I very much doubt it's the torque converter itself, especially if the gearbox has had regular fluid changes. The LS has one of the most bullet proof autoboxes going.   Engine mounts (2) could also be contributing to the vibration at the same time. I've renewed all mine.

Cheers Chaps: it vibrates when stationary but continues when driving, but continues when I stop, and when it is put into  P or N no vibrations  I don't fancy going to Lexus as they charge £ 114 per hour  so I will have to go to Sandbatch To a friend --Miles who has done some work for me in the past, the champagne glasses would be empty when I have finished with them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links