Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I don't  really worry about fuel consumption as I feel the pleasure of driving my lexus on a daily basis far outweighs any negative. We took a trip down to devon recently and where I would normally achieve around 280 mpg around town I was astounded when the light came on for low fuel and I had covered 414 miles! I am well pleased with that and considering  we had a weekend bag AND my wife's mobility scooter in the boot I think that was brilliant. On the way home the computer average mpg was displaying 29.2, what a great car 

• Like 1

On a long run in the lowlands (Belgium, Holland), I had 450miles done with an indicated 1/4 tank left. That 1/4 tank reading was optimistic, but the brim-to-brim for that leg of the trip was 34mpg.

EjZIV4S.jpg

As usual with big barges like these, it's the slowing down and speeding back up that cripples economy. Once the LS400 is cruising, it's no worse than the MB 280E I used to have.

1 hour ago, goldtop said:

On a long run in the lowlands (Belgium, Holland), I had 450miles done with an indicated 1/4 tank left. That 1/4 tank reading was optimistic, but the brim-to-brim for that leg of the trip was 34mpg.

EjZIV4S.jpg

As usual with big barges like these, it's the slowing down and speeding back up that cripples economy. Once the LS400 is cruising, it's no worse than the MB 280E I used to have.

yes the speeding up is the worse, as even on light throttle mine drops into single figures 

Am I allowed to show off my 780 miles between refuels with full petrol and LPG tanks, or is that just cheating? 

Interesting the difference between the VVTI and early 1UZ'z (like mine). My well serviced, clean oil/filtered and tyres correctly inflated car has never gotten above 28.7mpg at indicated 75mph and driven like a pussy cat on 100 miles runs. Though I have noticed that I'm more efficient than the cruise control, which averages 27.1mpg

50 minutes ago, Jacques Wood said:

Am I allowed to show off my 780 miles between refuels with full petrol and LPG tanks, or is that just cheating? 

I'd definitely go LPG except we use the LS400 for Euro road trips and LPG rules out using the Eurotunnel. :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links