Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hydrophobic Spray - Does It Work?

Has anyone ever used hydrophobic spray on their windows / windscreen?

I suspect that if it does indeed work, peeps on this forum would already have mentioned it, but yet again...

Thanks

Has anyone ever used hydrophobic spray on their windows / windscreen?

I suspect that if it does indeed work, peeps on this forum would already have mentioned it, but yet again...

Thanks

Don't stick anything on the two front side windows as they have a water repellant coating on already

However, yes I use them all the time, very good for winter

Which do you recommend and how often?

Hydrophobic spray makes the glass on your windows as slippery as Teflon: the water beads and slides off windows with minimum use of the wipers to clear the windscreen. Also prevents dirt from sticking. Supposedly.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Which do you recommend and how often?

Hydrophobic spray makes the glass on your windows as slippery as Teflon: the water beads and slides off windows with minimum use of the wipers to clear the windscreen. Also prevents dirt from sticking. Supposedly.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Angelwax H2GO or Carchem glass sealant. Both are as good as each other and they last a fair while. To be honest, I even rate Turtle Wax Clear Vue and Armorall rain repellant. All of them are reasonably cheap and get the job done without any issues (for me anyway!)

Its great for winter as the water doesn't really stick to the car so no need to spend ages de-icing on a cold morning.

Used "Gtechniq" stuff for the glass. You get get a very small bottle but it's enough to put three coats on the windscreen and one coat on the rest of the glass. Works well in heavy rain, water just streams up the screen if you're going over 40 - 50. 

hi have used rainx  in winter but find that with wipers going while on long run they wear it away and leave screen smeared, last week 14/1/16 had to get out and clean screen with my newspaper and de-icer on'ly liquid I had in car .now have small bottle of vinegar/water backup to supplement washers .hope that helps with your choice '.

8 hours ago, DanD said:

What about RainX?

Do you use it on the windscreen also?

Rain x is OK but it can have problems if not applied properly. Angelwax and carchem are fairly idiot proof which is why I like them I. E you can apply in a rush and they don't mess up 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links