Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx300 Timing Belt Change.

I have tried to research this issue as much as i can, however if anyone can confirm or give me guidance that would be great.

I have a 2004 with now 75000 miles and a full service history, i am looking at getting the cambelt changed but ive been told that i will also need the water pump and the crank pulley changed at the same time. Can anyone tell me what is the normal mileage for this lot to be changed, reading some forums people say there good for 120.000 miles.

If it hasn't had a belt change then at 11yrs old, I'd get straight onto it - cheaper than being stranded and a new engine!

I recently had my '53 reg rx300 with 102k done as we were unsure if it had ever had the belt changed before.

Whilst at the garage, I got the water pump & gasket, tensioner and spark plugs changed for £500 inc VAT, although it was a non-Lexus garage.

This means all major service items are covered for at least 5yrs/another 100k.

The mechanics found that half the spark plugs had been changed previously and also the timing belt, however the water pump and tensioner weren't. The pump was sound but the gasket had developed a leak and the old tensioner looked very worn.

You shouldn't need idler pulleys/rollers changed this time round, they aren't a common problem at all, and your garage should spin them with the belt off to see if they are noisy or if the bearings have gone - only then would they need replacing & they will tell you. They can be costly!

Ta,

Chris.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links