Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wind Noise Around Drivers Door

I think wind noise around the door is coming from the mirror. I tried folding them is while driving and the wind noise vanished.

Deflectors only help if you drive with the window partly lowered as it allows ventilation without buffeting.

Or is that what you want to do?

Ed :innocent:

I don't think they will help, they are designed to allow you to drive with the windows slightly open.

Try cleaning all the rubber seals. Either use a silicon spray or use neat washing up liquid and wipe off.

i thought the wind deflectors may of helped if the noise is coming from the glass to door seal

as the deflector will cover this sealing area..

i have tried cleaning the seals already and it didn't help,i have a rubber cleaning spray by Autoglym

that i use every few months on the door seals to keep them supple,i will try the other suggestion

about folding the mirrors in whilst driving and see if that helps.

i will post back as soon as i have tried the mirrors in the morning.

There is no wind noise around the seals on my car. I have noticed a slight noise from the mirror which I don't think is a fault.

If your glass to door seal is noisy then you do have a fault. Fitting wind deflectors is treating the symptoms. The glass may need adjustment or the rubber replacing.

Why not let your dealer have a look?

It may well be covered under warranty to.

Ed :flowers:

i thought the wind deflectors may of helped if the noise is coming from the glass to door seal

as the deflector will cover this sealing area..

With the windows closed you may find it makes things worse, there is something else there creating wind turbulence.

i am going to ring lexus in the morning to see when they can have a look at my car

i dont have much faith in them doing anything to be honest ,as when i had my ct

i had quiet a few rattles that the dealer said they couldn't hear so i was left with them.

its definately coming from the top corner where the front & rear doors join

Now had you said that in your original post.....................

Good luck I am sure it will be fixed. My fsport doesn't exhibit the same fault.

took the IS to the dealer yesterday they had a drive ,and confirmed there was some wind noise

but lexus said the wind noise is the same on both sides of the car so it is normal,

if it gets any worse to bring it back, I will wait until we have some high wind speeds

when it is more apparent and let them look at it them

• 4 months later...

When any vehicles pass on driver side on my 300h is fsport the noises seems excessive as if gap between back and front doors is to big  does anyone else have this problem  any help would be  great  Joe 

5 hours ago, Joe 300h said:

When any vehicles pass on driver side on my 300h is fsport the noises seems excessive as if gap between back and front doors is to big  does anyone else have this problem  any help would be  great  Joe 

this is exactly what i am facing,lexus have replaced the windscreen mouldings but this hasn't helped,i have replaced the black

door panel on the rear door incase the seal had stopped doing its job but no it wasn't that either.

my car is going in for a service soon so i am going to ask them to take another look at it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links