Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

I wonder if anyone can help me. I bought a 2002 ls430 that I guess I should not have but well I guess I am not that smart.

I'm trying to work my way through the longggggggggggggg list of problems and this is next on my list I have bought a fault code reader and attached it to the offending vehicle and i'm getting a p1300 code does any wise person out there know what doom is upon me?

thanks in advance

Ls430 146k

blue

coil overs (warning lights on)

but much loved

5 different tyres (told balancing will sort this doh)

Yeah I think if one is playing up, then the rest will soon follow. But have it checked out first as I'm only around 80% sure it's got something to do with the ignition system.

Hi Ruud thanks mate you are saving my sanity.

Sorry to keep asking not trying to be a pain any idea how i can identify number coil one I can't see any numbers on them

well that was easy once you lovely people helped me.... one ten mill socket, £17 coil pack and I am no longer running on 7 cylinders the engine is running so smoothly. thanks again guys.... I will have a weeks rest then onto the next thing :)

Your welcome. Just out of interest, do you ever fill up the petrol tank, if so how much does it cost to fill up an ls430? I usually only put in £50 and thats lasts me a while as I don't drive much but just wanted to know how much a full tank is

I filled it up today but tbh it was half full already... not really trusting the fuel gauge just yet.. but there is an 85ltr tank so at umm £1.05 a ltr (asda) its £90

its about right i guess i was on the halfway mark and it cost me 50 to fill up, I drove mine back from portugal (on 7 cylinders) zig zaged a bit all in about 1800 miles wasnt sure anything was working as it should and didnt want to get caught out across the water so again filled up at half way.

I am going to put in a lpg tank at some point when funds allow.

I may run it down this time as we are in london to see how far we can get on a tank ... I will pm you to let you know :)

I'm gonna fill mine up tomarrow but I always use shell fuel so it may be abit more expensive but Im going to do the same as you when funds allow and get it converted to lpg, but my heart is telling me to buy an ls400 again

why an ls400? if you have a 430...same car more or less cept the delicate air suspension (mine are coil overs), although the ls400 is the car that started me on this love affair.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links