Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Computer Help Needed

Rob

hi all, ok i fittedmy new MB - dfi ultra B ll sorted all the drivers etc out and its working fine BUT i cant access the internet, the modem connects and i can see that there is the initial transfer of data, but if i try to use IE i just get the server unavailable screen, i have had a look at the dial up setting etc and that looks ok - only thing i am thinking is that it has something to do with the board/software as it has built in LAN oh i have noticed when IE tries to connect at the bottom of the page it sometimes says something like " detecting proxy settings" or words to that effect. i have also noticed that progs such as kazaa, msn messenger etc can not connect either, i have turned the firewall off but it has made no difference.

ideas anybody??????

cheers rob.

thanks guys, i had a look at those last night and none of those are set, i wasnt sure if it had anything to with the LAN features so i disabled them in the bios but it has made no difference. only thing i have noticed is that it lists the modem under network adaptors as adsl WAN adaptor.

can anyone think of anything else as i have spent a few hrs trying to sort it out and its starting to beat me now :tsktsk: :mat:

this is on all the sites you try on that computer isn't Rob?

its not just that the site you are trying to visit is down? :unsure:

no mate - its any type of access at all, i have tried diff sites, ms auto update cant get thru, msn messenger, mcafee update etc - i just get nothing at all, but there is a connection to the machine and my ISP as i can see a little bit of data transfer every now and then - few Ks only though, but get nothing when using IE, it was as if the firewall is blocking it, but i have disabled that and still no difference

Matt was kind enough to talk me thru a few things last night - and it appears that my ISP is the prob - i can connect and have an IP address but thats as far as i get so its time to call the help line for them to sort my connection out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links