Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Any1 Had A Decat Done?

phunt

Im booked in to have a powerflow and decat tommorow but as i was inder the car today changing the oil filter i had a mooch around the exhaust and it looks quite complex. The pipe on the cat at the engine side looks quite fat because it comes in from 2 pipes on the down pipe and the lamda sensor is on the other side between the cat and the middle box.will these factors mean its not going to be possible?

I wouldn't take the main cat out phunt,

You'll have problems with the ecu readings and it'll also fail an MOT.

Just removing the Pre-cats in the manifold will help the engine to breath better, but as tdiplc said, you wont notice too much difference unless you supercharge it.

Someone had a exhaust place do his for £60 I think

Yes Dave, that would be me.......

Well ive been to get my powerflow done today and you guys were right about the Cat.it isnt really possible unless you get the ecu remapped.this is the explanation as to why.

The guy sed it was a 2 way lamda senor.one lambda before the cat and one lamda after the cat.obviously it gets a richer reading from the first and then a leaner reading after the cat then the ecu does its little trickery and adjusts things accordingly.But if you remove the cat the ecu would receive more or less the same reading from both which would totally confuse the poor fella and it would see this as a major fault with the engine.Hence it doesnt work to well.

Anyway i just got the middle box removed and changed the peco backbox for wat the guy called a jap box and i must say its the most enjoyable mod ive ever done!!!! the car feels much more reponsive and it sounds absaloutly amazing.very loud and maybe not to some ppl's liking but very much to my liking :) im going to try and record it and post it as an mp3 or video.

not necessarily Duncan,, keiran (dark_is) has had both cats removed and it still gets throught the MOT just takes a little longer to warm up enough for the emmisions test.

not necessarily Duncan,, keiran (dark_is) has had both cats removed and it still gets throught the MOT just takes a little longer to warm up enough for the emmisions test.

I thout he just had his pre-cats removed and his main cat replaced for a sports cat (but not taken out)...... :huh:

Anyway i just got the middle box removed and changed the peco backbox for wat the guy called a jap box and i must say its the most enjoyable mod ive ever done!!!! the car feels much more reponsive and it sounds absaloutly amazing.very loud and maybe not to some ppl's liking but very much to my liking :) im going to try and record it and post it as an mp3 or video.

Get some Piccies up!!!! :D

Unless it has been changed without my knowledge, Keiran still has the main cat.

You would not get an MOT with all cats removed.

Colin is correct - you can buy 02 simulators.

Right then, as my IS has done over 100k I'm thinking that the precats have more than lickely broken down and removing then will let then engine run better, is this a good assumption?

If so will most decent exhaust places do the decat for a similar price or is doing it yourself fairly easy?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links