Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Super Traffic Wardens

Fidgits

Well, here are the goverments plans....

More traffic wardens, given 'more' power...

If your car is causing an obstruction they can have it towed away (even if it has broken down, and you have called the RAC), and charge you 100 quid for the privledge...

The idea is to reduce traffic build-up, so these super-wardens will be responsible for clearing up motorway accidents etc...

But somehow, i think it will be innocent motorists who have simply broken down that will be targetted...

more info here

And you can now get a fine of £100 for being in a "boxed junction"....by video camera?

which is fine but what if the car isn't registered to the driver,more revenue to be syphoned off the motorists

Theres no better deterant than a Police car.

I hate bloody labour and all the stealth taxes imposed on motorists.

How much more are we going to put up with......

Super traffic wardens....i'd like to run them all over along with the politicians/spin Dr's.

Edited by Scorpion

On a plus note, it seems the goverment are expecting thousands of appeals against speeding tickets issued by fixed cameras after a minister admitted some authorities might be breaking the rules by installing cameras to raise money rather than save lives.

Junior transport minister TonyMcNulty said the goverment was writing to police forces and local councils warning them that any cameras not contributing to safety should be removed..

Oh, and 140,000 drivers are refusing to pay the congestion charge fines, totalling 17 milllion, which "Is a finiacial timebomb for the goverment"

However, Ken Livingstone is planning on extending the congestion charge area out into the suburbs of London...

B4 the congestion charge came into force i sent 42 e-mails outlining the pitfalls of such an idea

including the one about duplicating no plates and what they was going to do to get round the prob?

How many replys do you think i got?

Zero,NOT ONE REPLY!!! and i saw the other day that a guy from forest hill who works in Woking,does'nt use the car got fines for over £2k for being in the con/area.......they said that this cant happen?

Hello..........wake up!!!!

I'm with Pete and Dave on this :angry:

I'll tell you what else really pees me off, and I saw it again this morning. Every other month or so there is roadside check area on the way to work, where there is one Council Official pulling over cars for tac checks etc - with 10, yes that's TEN Police Officers standing around doing not a lot.

I don't remeber reading anywhere that there is no more crime to deal with. This is a discraceful wast of Police resources :angry::angry::angry:

Theres no better deterant than a Police car.

Thank *** someone with some sence. it's been proven that for every traffic camera on British roads today does away with the need for three police officers.

one of the most important thing to remember is that traffic cameras don't have discretion

Spot on Dodgy. How many coppers would really stop you for speeding 5-10 miles an hour over the limit, on an empty road in the early hours of the morning?

Speed cameras lost the sympathy of the majority of the general public when they just became a cash cow :angry: h

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links