Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Does Anyone Know This Ls430?

Hi folks, I'm very interested in a 430 that's up on Autotrader at present, I've been exchanging answerphone messages with the owner the last day or so and will hopefuully get to speak to the chap selling it today but is the car known to anyone on the forums?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508206228406

Regards

Iain

cant say i have seen it before - heres a few things to check

1) Check ride is all smooth with no clunks and gearbox is smooth

2) Check coolant is red orangy colour and not contaminated

3) Check all electrics - steering motors tend to fail

4) Check the suspension goes up and down when flicked

5) Check for rear glass demalination

6) Check bonnet opener is working - the cable tends to fail

7) Check boot is easy to lift and open - otherwise struts might be shot

8) Check for rust around body especially front doors around the plastic trim and rear numberplate

9) Check parking sensors work - they tend to fail and are normally switched off

10) Check sound system properly with volume on high to ensure no blown speakers/woofer

11) Check you have 2 keyless keys and the function works and the soft closing doors aswell

12) Check of the cabin filter has been changed - these are often overlooked

thats all i can think of at the moment HTH

Worth a trip to view I think.

Words of advice remove your own postcode from the Autotrader link, we all know where you live within a few houses, as a public forum some one may be looking for dishonest reasons and if you do buy this LS430 they know more or less where you live and you have just bought a nice Lexus.

Worth a trip to view I think.

Words of advice remove your own postcode from the Autotrader link, we all know where you live within a few houses, as a public forum some one may be looking for dishonest reasons and if you do buy this LS430 they know more or less where you live and you have just bought a nice Lexus.

Thanks Steve - think my cache is doing screwy things - the page I can see has got it removed. Could you send me a private message with the postcode that you can see.

Well after a 4hr round trip this morning I can confirm that all that glitters is not gold.

• Seller had in no way prepped the car, needed a good wash, rubbish in all the various pockets around the car and on the floor, history file an un-ordered mess
  • Windscreen chip in Zone A
  • Has had rear end repairs at some point, dents in the bootlid, paint runs on the bumper under the NSR lights and wheelarch
  • Front parking sensor fault
  • Steering wheel goes up and down but not in and out
  • Sat on very worn budget branded ditch finder rubber, didn't recognise any of the brand names, one tyre curbed so badly all the information had been worn away

Is the suspension mean to to raise and lower while stationary and with the engine running? It didn't - apparently the seller prefers to drive it in high anyway.

Didn't get much further than that, thanked the chap for his time and drove home.

Regards

Iain

Quite disappointing to travel for 2 hours and to find out it is a lemon. Do not feel bad, I have travelled a lot further in search of a car to find it in similar condition..Better to walk away and absorb the fuel costs to get there and back. The problem is that there are not that many about and you have to travel some distance for these cars.

Hi folks, sorry to trouble you again, going to look at another LS430 tomorrow. It's an 02 again, how do I get to the diagnostics on the nav screen, will it be the flashing the lights on and off method or pushing the corners of the nav screen method?

Regards

Iain

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links